For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:
Program Manger for Software Center of Excellence (m/f/x)
Our ambition within Information Solutions and more specifically within the Architecture and Software Engineering organization is to transform Diagnostics into a world class leading software company. Hence, the purpose of this newly created role is to completely rethink the way we do software across the company.
With the customer in focus, the ambition to deliver value faster, incrementally and to relentlessly improve, you will be in a key influential role to help shape and enable the RIS Architecture & Software organization’s strategy and contribute to the overall clients Diagnostics vision.
With an agile mindset you will build a team of domain and process experts who create, enforce and streamline sound software development practices. The team may also implement new technologies and systems, manage outsourced client relationships, or kick start collaborative environments.
Reporting to the Software Program Management Office (PMO) Lead in our clients Information Solutions (RIS), you will primarily partner with the rest of the Engineering organization across the Diagnostics division to deliver customer centric solutions.
- Start date: ASAP/ 01.12.2021
- Latest possible start date: 01.12.2021
- End date: 3 months after start
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: yes possible 100%
- Department: DISC
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Build a network of collaborators within the organization (e.g. domain and process experts) that you will lead functionally (matrix leadership) to create the Software Center of Excellence within RIS
- Plan, launch and execute initiatives in a complex, iterative environment to realize the Software CoE ambition within the organization
- Contribute to the agile maturity of engineering; apply agile frameworks to all of the development, execution and improvement processes
- Collect, support and drive enablers across Diagnostics to foster a culture of software engineering excellence
- Support and empower our organization to determine, prioritize, and drive continuous improvement on software engineering capabilities needs together with the Chief Software Engineer
- Drive the day-to-day operations of the Center of Excellence (CoE) in all aspects
- Define and maintain relationships with business, align the teams to common end-customer/release goals and delivery outcomes
- Drive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) definition and track improvements based on KPIs defined
- Influence and engage with internal customers across all of our clients Diagnostics teams and drive fast and consistent adoption of common engineering excellence initiatives and standards
- Be responsible for standardization, tools, App development environments
- Proactively take on improvement initiatives and lead process improvements (e.g. in the area of Quality Management Systems)
- Build and drive an engineering excellence roadmap, manage cross-functional and internal and external stakeholders
- Min. Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or similar etc., (MSIS, MIS, or MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in software/systems engineering and a software development background, preferably in a healthcare company
- 10+ years experience managing or leading teams or programs
- Excellent understanding of agile methodologies and ways-of-working; certification desired (e.g. PMI-ACP, from Scrum.Org, or SAFe)
- Proven experience in leading software teams through collaborative technological innovation in agile environments with tangible outcomes
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to address customer needs or to realize market opportunities
- Good communicator, able to collaborate with stakeholders and customers to explain technology and with the proven ability to take insights from customers and translate them into technical deliverables
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure outcomes
- Familiarity with the technological trends and their relevance to the healthcare industry. A passionate and decisive business leader. Demonstrating courage, vision and drive to achieve outcomes at the forefront of innovative technological changes
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- CW46; CW47