For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Anti-falsified Medicines Chemometrician (m/f/d)
- Location: Basel
- Branch: Pharma
- Duration: 2 years
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Closely partner with the Anti-falsified Medicines Director, PharmINT to align activities and ensure they are
closely connected with the Authentifield by strategy
- Lead the management of machine learning methods and algorithm of a wide variety of pharmaceutical
products founded on their spectral libraries to support to support industry changing topics such as Predictive
Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Lead the delivery cost-efficient and comprehensive results for pharmaceutical intelligence collection
operations: Autonomously discover, design, and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of
data and information processing: work with large complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis
problems applying advanced analytical methods including robust machine learning,
multivariate/chemometrics statistical techniques for reliable and real time detection of counterfeit medicines;
conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specifications, processing,
analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations; iteratively improve algorithms based on state-of-the-art
machine learning models; maintains machine learning routines and algorithms and perform explanatory
data analysis including historical data to identify patterns; Keep abreast of the latest scientific developments;
- Prepare detailed documentation to transfer knowledge and satisfy governance and regulatory concerns;
- Perform evidence profiling from pharmaceutical and forensic assessments to highlight criminal patterns,
signatures or modus operandi to leverage anti-counterfeiting investigations of linked cases through data
analysis and data mining.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand needs, recommend enhancements and deploy predictive
analytics across multiple platforms
- Maintain and further build knowledge of local and international regulatory and legislative requirements and
trends to provide expert advice and appropriate technical support on all quality and legal related matters.
- Promote the department in line with the global security strategy by representing Global Security as a
trustworthy and authentic business partner that provides essential value-added services.
- Statistics or equivalent experience with strong background in spectroscopy data analysis, multivariate statistics, Design of Experiments, process optimization and Analytical methods qualification; or equivalent education with experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Languages: Fluent in English, other languages desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience undertaking similar roles in the Pharmaceutical Industry or others with a particular focus on applied data science in analytical chemistry and forensic sciences as well as machine learning development and implementation.
- Proficient in computational analysis of field measurement data with Python with data management and integration skills; Machine Learning (PCA, PLS…), chemometrics, including coding, problem solving and data analysis skills; Cloud computing; Coding skills in Python are strongly required.
- Extensive knowledge of data modelling and machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning, recommender systems, natural language processing, computer vision, etc.)
- Extensive skills with programming/analytical tools (Python, R, SAS, Matlab, etc.) is highly desired;
- Experience cleaning and processing data (structured, unstructured)
- Strong skills with data querying tools (SQL, DB2, Hive, Pig etc.)
- Sound experience in vibrational spectroscopy (NIR, FTIR, Raman…);
- Operational experience should include manufacturing, forensic, QA/QC management, development or other relevant experience e.g. working at a regulatory health authority and/or law enforcement are a plus
- Experience working in a matrix environment with global, crossfunctionally teams: experience articulating business questions, using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data, and translating technical/analysis results into business recommendations
- Strong ability in self-learning, entering new domain, managing through uncertainty in an innovative team environment: Quick learner, problem solver, working flexibly and in autonomy withsolid written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in collaborative multiple project team environment and ship production features in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Customer/end result/Metrics driven in design and development: ability to manage multiple goals and deadlines
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates