For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:
Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer for Biomechanics, Gait and Passive Monitoring (m/f/d)
Our clients Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realisation of truly Personalised Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for our patients.
Digital tools, such as smartphones or wearables, can now continually measure and collect vital health information – or “Digital Biomarkers”. Digital Biomarkers are changing how future medicines will be developed and could lead to more personalized use of new medications that will transform the lives of patients. Advances in wearable devices, such as phones, watches, textiles or delivery devices, which track a patient’s vital signs and monitor for symptoms, all have the potential to vastly accelerate clinical development.
- Start date: asap
- End date: 1 year
- Extension: possible, prior approval needed
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Basel
- Remote: max. 1 day per week, prior approval needed
- Travel: –
- Team: 25 (1 similar position)
- Department: Digital Biomarkers Informatics (PXIA)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work on large amounts of sensor data from smartphones and wearables collected remotely at the homes of participants using both dedicated walking tests and automatic data collection (passive monitoring) during the daily life of participants in clinical studies
- Develop robust algorithms to derive novel gait parameters dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis gait impairment
- Provide input into design and execution of gait lab validation studies
- Develop robust algorithms to quantify movement in different activities of daily life
- Use gait features to help deepen the understanding of how impairments induced by neurological diseases impact the daily life of a patient
- Drive the understanding of the data analysis results by clinical development programs through the development of compelling narratives and presentations
- Write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal articles to establish the biological, clinical and patient relevance of data collected in novel digital biomarker approaches
- Contribute to the improvement and automation of the data processing and analysis pipeline across programs
- Very good university degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, natural science or informatics
- 5+ year of hands-on experience with biomechanical (e.g. movement data such as accelerometer, gyroscope) data, optimally collected in neurological diseases
- Excellent ability to comprehend complex three-dimensional movements and their relation to sensor data
- Experience with data collected in typical Gait lab settings with state of the art sensors for gait analysis
- Profound knowledge in Python, R or similar software packages/languages
- Strong experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Experience of working collaboratively within a large team and managing your time against competing demands
- Track record of writing compelling publications in high impact, peer reviewed journals
- Highly efficient user of MS Office, excellent PowerPoint slide writer
- Excellent in English; excellent writing skills
Nice to Haves
- Hands-on experience with OpenSim software
- Experience in a scientific role in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with clinical studies
- Experience with software development processes and big data infrastructures
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.