For our customer located in Rotkreuz/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Junior Data Engineer (IT) (m/f/x)
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for a junior candidate who has the necessary Data experience with hands-on coding and programming experience in at least one of the mentioned languages as well as SQL experience. The soft skills mentioned in the Must Have criteria are also very important.
• Start date: ASAP
• latest Start Date: 01.03.2023
• End date: 12 months
• Extension: possible
• Workplace: Rotkreuz
• Workload: 100%
• Remote/Home Office: first three months 100% on site, afterwards can be discussed
• Travel: No
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understand product requirements and translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
- Build robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms, this will involve batch and streaming techniques as well as cloud native toolsets
- Using industry-standard and proprietary approaches to migrate data from RMD platforms to Snowflake
- Apply automation to make the most of our data platform’s computation and storage resources
- Min. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or similar (STEM)
- Min. 2 years of experience as a data engineer, preferred in a project environment
- Hands-on coding and programming experience in Python
- Experience of Data Platforms (e.g. AWS, Snowflake, Azure)
- Experience with SQL development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Able to prepare and create clear documentation and communicate and adapt the processes
- Ability to interpret and translate/explain technical requirements into tasks
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an agile development environment as part of a sprint team
- Interest in PCR systems and systems reliability engineering
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.