For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:Junior Pre-Clinical Scientist (m/f/d)
- Location: CH-4001 Basel
- Branch: pharma
- Duration: 17 months +
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Your mission will be to conduct modeling and simulation activities at the project level through the development of quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) and toxicology (QST), physiology/mechanism-based and drug disease models. Of particular interest is the application of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling techniques for molecule selection and human dose prediction.
- Guide the team for molecule selection as well as human dose prediction using PBPK techniques, enabling safe and efficacious exposure in patients.
- Develop and maintain timely, scientifically sound, creative and business-oriented modeling and simulation strategy for pre-clinical projects or clinical projects
- Contribute to the development of methods to translate results from in vitro assays to humans to replace, refine and reduce animal experiments (3R principles).
- Interact on a scientific level with pharmacology scientists at senior levels (clinical pharmacologist) and project leaders with regards to all aspects of the integration of modeling and simulation (M&S) to ensure optimal treatment for patients.
- Prepare information and strategy for presentation at research and early development and/or late stage development project team meetings in order to ensure consistency of M&S activities/objectives with overall project goals and with current Roche standards
- Leadership of consultants and external collaborators providing M&S expertise
- PhD-/MD-/DVM-/PharmaD-level in natural sciences, mathematics, physical sciences or engineering plus postdoctoral experience (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Min 2/3 years of experience working in a pre-clinical environment, focused on discovery project (planning and conduct of M&S projects for pre-clinical), preferably in pharma
- Strong experience (min 2 years) working on modeling
- Extensive knowledge of PK/PD
- Working experience of specific systems: NONMEM, Monolix, R, Python, SAS, Phoenix, Trial Simulator (TS) or Berkeley Madonna, GastroPlus, Simyp
- High university degree in Life Sciences (please note the actual experience will trump a higher degree)
Did we catch your interest?
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates