For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Knowledge Engineer (m/f/d)
- latest Start Date: 1.1.2024
- Planned duration: 24 months (technical end date after 12 months)
- Remote/Home Office: possible, but at least one time onsite week is a must
- Travel: less than 10%
- Team: 6
The perfect candidate has a University Degree in Data Science / Engineering and at least 3 years of experience of working with data interoperability preferably in the pharmaceutical / medical device environment. Also expertise in knowledge engineering, software engineering, data modeling, healthcare interoperability, data integration, semantic/graph technologies, data analytics and FAIR and project management are expected.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual who is ready to come on-site at least one time a week.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Knowledge Engineer will be part of the Information Solutions Data and Analytics team. The role is crucial to contribute towards a highly efficient environment to drive (semantic) data interoperability for the digital solutions of our clients Information Solutions. The role will also significantly contribute to elevating the data sources to the next level of quality, e.g. data products, by ensuring their physical, conceptual and semantic coherence, integrity and adherence to standards. With that, the role will contribute fundamentally to make data FAIR for Diagnostics.
- Collaborate with various product teams to shape the development and integration of data models and standardization into the RIS product portfolio and enable FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable) data services
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams and co-drive projects to implement interoperability standards for our clients devices and digital products adhering to FAIR principles
- Investigate innovative methods to generate new business insights from interlinked data sources (lab and clinical) that may mature into new features of RIS digital products
- Drive the adoption and integration of interoperability standards including terminological resources (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, LOINC, SNOMED) for RIS digital products
- Engage with internal key customers and stakeholders to understand their business needs, pain points using a customer-centric approach
- Co-create robust solutions starting out from prototypes and MVPs
- Drive automation of data and software services to achieve continuous delivery e.g. by setting up code repositories, automation pipelines, quality assurance, etc.
- Work experience of minimum 3 years with data interoperability
- University Degree in Computer Science / Engineering related fields, preferably PhD degree (such as Software Engineering, Architecture, Data Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or similar areas of academic discipline)
- Strong software engineering skills and various programming languages such as Python, Java. Any knowledge of frontend programming languages such as Typescript, Angular, etc. is a plus. Any knowledge of data engineering and cloud skills is a plus
- Background in data interoperability technologies, such as data integration, data standards and terminologies (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, SNOMED or LOINC)
- Good knowledge in (meta) data management approaches such as relational and graph databases
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Working independently in cross-functional and distributed teams
- Ability to work in changing, agile, multinational and multiple location environment
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the pharmaceutical / medical device environment and in diagnostics is a plus
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- from 13.11.2023