For our customer located in Basel Kaiseraugst (CH) we are currently looking for a:
Kubernetes Platform Engineer (m/f/x)
The job is part of a small, but quickly growing and highly agile team of engineers who are focused to build a next-generation edge-computing platform. This platform is built on top of popular open-source solutions like Kubernetes, as well as cloud providers like AWS. Currently in an early stage, it is intended to scale to very large numbers of deployments around the world in medical institutions like laboratories, hospitals and more. As such it strives to accelerate and simplify the digitalisation of the health-care industry, ultimately resulting in quicker innovation for patients.
- Start date: 01/08/2021
- Latest start date: 01/09/2021
- End date: 31.12.2021
- Extension: planned, prior approval needed
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Remote: Home Office yes / no full remote
- Travel: no
- Team: 3-5
- Department: Product IT Center of Enablement (FAN)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop automation and tooling around operations of large amount of edge-clusters
- Do research and propose designs for further platform improvements. Afterwards, drive the implementation.
- Identify and fix existing technical debt
- Align the team towards a desirable future vision for the platform
- 4+ years experience on large-scale production Kubernetes cluster deployment and operation
- 5+ years of experience in software development (Python/Go preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with public cloud providers (preferably AWS/Alicloud)
- Knowledge of the Rancher ecosystem preferred
- Knowledge of Kustomize/Helm
- In-depth understanding of inner Kubernetes workings (networking and storage stack, pod scheduling, …)
- In-depth understanding of the Linux operating system and how it interacts with container runtimes
- Knowledge of GitOps Principles and Tooling (FluxCD, Terraform)
- Knowledge of Vault – Knowledge of DevSecOps best-practices and continuous integration
- Very good interpersonal skills, Team Player
- Business proficiency in written and spoken English language
Nice to Haves
- Former pharma / client experience
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates