For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Materials Science Specialist (m/f/d)
- pay rate range: 38.05 – 47.56 chf/h
- 80-100% on Site in Basel – no remote
Tasks & Responsibilities
Performs scientific experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS) processes, procedures or data in collaboration with experienced team members. Contributes to maintenance of lab instruments/infrastructure.
- Plans, performs and documents scientific experiments in the field of crystallisation, filtration and drying with respective analytics in collaboration with experienced team members. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Scientific Expert/or other team members during the whole process.
- Provides documentation of raw data, evaluation and interpretation of routine results.
- Optimizes existing methods and procedures, reproduce and follow published and established methods.
- Proactively addresses, proposes and implements solutions for basic problems in own work area and openly communicate complex problems with proposed options to address
- Operates / utilizes special equipment in the area of lab automation, scale-up technologies, online analytics
- Actively supports the transfer of procedures within the department.
- Recognizes and communicates experimental issues. Provides input on deviations and unexpected results from experiments.
- Actively performs simple safety and literature searches under direction of relevant and experienced team members.
- Keeps record of lab chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with other team members to facilitate deliverables.
- Schedules and performs routine maintenance of instruments/equipment.
- Participates in knowledge exchange.
- Ensures all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process.
- Works according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & our clients Guidelines.
- Lab Technician with experience or equivalent educational background e.g. HTL or FH in the field of Analytics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry.
- Fluent in site-language German. Basic knowledge of English (oral and written) desirable.
- Exact and efficient laboratory work.
- Deep understanding of HSE requirements and safe and conscious work in laboratory environment.
- Experience in modern analytical techniques
- Experience in solid state analytics or crystallisation of solids desirable.
- Experience with handling of “highly active” compounds as well as qualification of analytical equipment desirable.
- Motivated to work in project teams and with colleagues from other functions and disciplines.
- Knowledge in Data and Digital aspects desirable
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.