For our customer located in St. Leon Rot (Germany) we are currently looking for a: Network Engineer CCEE -Security/Firewall (for EMEA) (m/f/d)
- Location: St. Leon Rot
- Remote: Possible
- Duration: asap – 31.12.22 (extension possible)
The Cloud Infrastructure Services organization is responsible for operations of the internal as well as customer facing data centers and services like storage, compute, backup and network. The Cloud Network Delivery unit, as part of Cloud Infrastructure Services, supports the company’s global network infrastructure, including the local as well as the wide area networks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting Security Products (Firewall, IPS, DDoS, etc..) across platform areas
- Participate On-Call Rotation
- Change Technical Validation Expert: Review Playbook/Runbook that was developed by the operations engineer and ensuring infrastructure availability and identifying possible risk.
- Solution Design: Involve in sessions with operations engineer(s) on mapping request to existing service delivery. if not found, work on developing a solution with the platform engineering.
- Incident Management: Drive major/complex outage(s) to resolution.
- Service Delivery: Develop KPI for the service and report to management on Capacity Management.
- Manage Service: Interface with Manage Service Provider as Consultant Role
- Collaboration: Be the link to storage and virtualization teams.
- Ensure compliance of network infrastructure to global standards.
- Ensure global alignment across the regional delivery teams.
- Develop and maintain tools for automation of network device configurations and deployments.
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite: preferably in firewalling as core competence however additional disciplines such as, switching, routing and load balancing are welcome
- Good understanding of virtualization and SDN/OpenStack technologies like VLAN, VxLAN, VRF, etc.
- Experience with scripting and automation (e.g. Ansible, Python, Java, Perl)
- High understanding of Hyperscalers,Cloud computing, SaaS, & hosted systems
- Expert abilities in developing and documenting network designs and concepts
- Basic Project Management Experience
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced and multicultural organization.
- Flexibility to work on a schedule that is convenient for our customers.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Fluent in spoken and written English is prerequisite
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Certificates in the industry of the respective technology (Security: CCNP Security, Routing: CCNP-R&S, etc..)
- Any Firewall / platform related certification is highly desired
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention systems
- Experience with different VPN implementations
- Experience with leading Firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, PANW and others)
- Experience with Storage and Compute as part of Infrastructure ecosystems is plus
- Basic Financial Understanding (OPEX & CAPEX)
- Experience in Service ownership / Coordination is a plus
- Experience with Public Cloud offerings is a plus
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).