For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Principal Scientist I- Biomarker Development, Translational Medicine (m/f/x)
- Location: Basel
- Branch: Pharma
- Gross Rate Range (given by client): 55,50 – 69,50 chf/h gross
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Molecular & Cellular Sciences (MCS) team within Biomarker Development (BMD) and Translational Medicine (TM). BMD focuses on delivering fit for purpose integrated biomarkers leveraging diverse expertise and knowledge in immunology, genomics, protein and cellular biology and state of the art data sciences.
Our innovative spirit enables the development and application of cutting-edge technologies which address key clinical questions such as target engagement, defining disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for a innovative molecule.
As a Principal scientist within MCS in BMD, you will work on the development of novel exploratory assays in our state of the art laboratories, implement internal and external biomarker activities and interpret results to enable proof of mechanism, proof of biology, safety and efficacy understanding. As a cellular biomarker assay expert, you will be developing and validating innovative biomarker solutions implementing new methodologies and delivering high quality data to inform clinical trials.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Development and validation of cellular biomarker assays based on Flow Cytometry technology
- Implementation of validated biomarker assays in clinical studies
- Generate and interpret data to enable proof of mechanism, dose selection & proof of biology across early clinical programs and present results at internal meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise to transition, implement and monitor assay development and validation at CROs
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of data generated through outsourced activities
- Empowered for experimental design, execution, interpretation and reporting (oral and written) of assigned projects under unbossed culture.
- Contributing to write quality reports and laboratory manuals.
- Cross training on a variety of biomarker modalities and technologies
- Develop and validate fit-for-purpose cellular biomarker solutions
- Independently design, execute, and interpret experiments
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of internal and external results
- Providing subject matter expertise for transferring, implementation and monitoring of Flow Cytometry assay development, validation and sample analysis at external provider
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cell biology or a laboratory technician with experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Extensive understanding, knowledge and practical experience in FlowCytometry, having hands on experience in high dimensional Flow Cytometry would be a plus
- Analytical thinking, willingness to accept responsibility, and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a global organization and matrix-resourcing model
- Good Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Spotfire, GraphPad Prism)
- Good communication skills for oral and written in English
- Understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (e.g. GCLP, ICH)
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.