For our customer located in Basel, Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Principal User Researcher / ro-962 (m/f/d)
The perfect candidate:
As part of the User Experience team, you will work with a creative group in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position requires a proven track record of user research strategy and execution using a deep toolbox of methodologies to explore behavior, workflow and motivations of our users. You will conduct new research as well as evaluating and synthesising existing research.The perfect candidate has a university degree and at least 8 years of experience in user research. Additionally, ideal candidates should have a solid background in Figma and EnjoyHQ.
• Start date: asap
• latest Start Date: June 2023
• End date: 12 Months
• Extension: n/a
• Workplace: Basel
• Remote/Home Office: Basel office, some remote (load will be discussed in Interviews)
• Travel: no
• Team: 20 people
Tasks & Responsibilities
Tasks & Responsibilities:
70% of your time will be spent:
- Conducting research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to generate actionable insights across the product development lifecycle, including up front generative research to identify new opportunities, iterative concept evaluation and post-launch testing.
- Develop appropriate research methodologies and test plans for projects, think of novel approaches that are the best fit for individual projects or areas
- Presenting your findings with the core team and extended team members.
- Conducting internal cross-functional workshops using design-thinking methodologies.
30% of your time will be spent:
- Advising research efforts for usability testing and advising research for cross functional teams.
- Synthesizing & organizing the previous research that has been conducted.
- Working closely with product teams to identify and prioritize research topics.
- Collaborating with product partners on defining “success” from qualitative and quantitative perspectives to ensure research is focused and closely tied to business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology, User Experience Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or design-related HCI degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in user research in any industry
- At least 4 years of experience in using Figma and EnjoyHQ
- Deeply skilled and experienced in user research activities across all methodologies including concept validation, remote usability testing, in-lab usability testing, surveys, ethnography/field research focus groups, card sorting, etc.
- Profound skills in Google Suite, PowerPoint
- Written and verbal fluency in English (fluent)
- Soft skills: A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn. Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and you iterate quickly, incorporating feedback. Excellent time-management and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks and work autonomously. Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly and effectively present work to all levels of management – negotiating and influencing to build consensus.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an agile methodology environment is preferred
- Experience working in digital healthcare products preferred
- German and/or Spanish would be helpful but not required
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.