For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:
Product Data Owner (m/f/x)
The role is based in the Global Product and Supply Chain Management (PTS) department. PTS connects the different parts of our client to ensure worldwide reliable supply to patients and is part of the Pharma Technical Operations (PT) organization. PT produces medicines at several sites around the world. At the core of PT are various SAP ERP and planning systems that enable the planning, production, release, distribution, and sales. These systems require high quality data. Which builds a crucial part on our Pharma vision to provide 3-5 times more patient benefit at half of the cost for society. In the role of Product Data Analyst, you will play a vital part to achieve it.
The Product Data Management Team translates product strategies into executable plans and bridging the technical expertise of data scientists with operational expertise. The Team role is vital to enable critical business processes such as global planning, global supply to plants and patients. This is done by translating the product lifecycle vision into tactical goals and objectives across the organization.
In our group, we are accountable for the global end to end Product Data process. This includes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), Bulk (BUL), Semi-finished Products (SEM) and Finished Products (FIN).
The Product Data Owner (PDO) is a member of the Product Supply Chain Team and interacts with Product Data Analyst, Master Data Specialist, Product Supply Chain Owner, Supply Planner, Demand Planner, Product Artworks Owner, Order Fulfillment Manager and more. The PDO has the accountability for the setup of global product master data and the corresponding supply chain setup in the different SAP ERP and SAP APO / OMP systems. Therefore, a close collaboration with local and global functional experts is key. Furthermore, the PDO monitors the timely New Material Requests according to the defines SLA’s and is providing Product Master Data expertise and guidance to the stakeholders.
- Start Date: ASAP / 01.10.2021
- Latest Start Date: 01.10.2021
- End Date: 6 months
- Extension: possible
- Work location: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: currently yes, after on-site
- Travel: no
- Team: 12 people
- Department: Global Product and Supply Chain Management (PTS)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Accountable and the point of contact for the end to end Product Data for Global Supply Chain Materials
- Initiating and Monitoring of product master data creation, change and retirement progress
- Responsible for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and managing expectations to adopt and implement FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) data shared and engine processes, systems and tools.
- End to end responsibility for product master data for assigned products and reports. Ensure implementation is completed on time
- Drive data compliance to decisions and standards by auditing accuracy, readiness and completeness
- Leveraging data and analytics capabilities with business knowledge to enable the best decisions
- Active participation in the different product and project related working groups with an impact on Global Product Data Management
- Execution of periodic data audits and analysis with Data Content Owners
- Transforming organizational mindset and capability to drive value from data
- Apprenticeship (EFZ) or Bachelor degree in Informatics, Life Science or similar
- Knowledge of SAP/R3 (MM) and/or SAP/S4 applications is mandatory; further experience with ERP systems are an advantage and supply chain systems. (SAP, APO, OMP)
- Min. 2 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot, V-look and others)
- Being proficient in one or more Reporting & Analytics tools (e.g. BW, Tableau, Alteryx, SAC, GBT, IDQ (Informatica))
- Proven record of accomplishment of translating analytical findings into real business solutions and transforming organizational mindset and capability to drive value from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – other languages are an asset
- Ability to identify problems, define problem statements clearly and accurately and apply structured methodology to identify data-driven root causes.
- Excellent Team Player
- Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution – able to synthesize large amounts of information
- Self-motivated, proactive, well organized, flexible, customer-oriented team player with a high level of communication skills
- Result driven with a flexible approach and able to navigate in a global environment
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask
- Positive attitude – Perceives constant change and development as opportunity for the company, the process and him-/herself.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eager to learn new things
- Builds trustful and effective relationships.
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- CW36 & CW37