For our customer located in Basel Kaiseraugst/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:
Professional AWS DevOps/Platform Engineer (m/f/x)
- Location: CH-Basel Kaiseraugst
- Remote: Full remote possible
The role will be affiliated with the PD Quality ‘Sherlock’ project, which will leverage the cloud based PD Advanced Analytics (PDAA) platform to generate actionable insights that will lead to a data-driven auditing process.
- Start date: ASAP / 04.10.2021
- Latest possible start date: 15.10.2021
- End date: 31.12.2021
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Kaiseraugst // remote
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: yes fully remote possible
- Travel: no
- Team: 6 people
- Department: PDIX BA & UX Section Basel Kaiseraugst (FPDHK)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ability to work within an Agile Scrum Team to perform specific development and configuration according to Jira based User Stories / Functional Specifications
- Collaborate with the Tech Lead and Business Analyst to define Functional Specification and implement (code or configure) solution based on Functional Specifications
- Actively participate in all Agile Ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Story Estimations, Retrospectives, Daily Scrums, etc.)
- Translate an architecture design into a functional solution
- Document Technical & Design Specifications
A combination of Cloud (Platform) AND DevOps Engineering skills:
- Certified and proficient in Agile ways of working with cross-functional teams
- AWS Developer Certification with extensive hands-on experience with core AWS services such as Glue, S3, Lambda, SageMaker, Athena, Step Functions, Route53, RDS, VPC, CloudWatch, EC2, SNS, SQS, ELB, etc.
- Experience in building AWS based data ingestion, processing and analytics pipelines
- Substantial knowledge of ‘infrastructure as code’ and in particular with Terraform
- CI/CD systems (preferably GitLab and Jenkins) experience, including configuration management and automation tools (preferably Ansible and Puppet)
- Operational experience with managing IAM in complex and multi-account environments
- Hands-on experience with Python and Bash shell scripting
Nice to Haves
- Former client experience or in the life sciences/ pharma industry
- Knowledge of Service Orchestration using Kubernetes and/or EKS
- Ability to create, execute and document Unit Tests relevant to development
- Knowledge of various databases, both SQL, and NoSQL
- AWS CloudFormation knowledge
- Experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of more specialized languages such as ‘R’
- Experience with troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, considering both Linux, as well as Cloud Native environments
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience collaborating on code base with Git & experience with the Git branching strategies
- Experience liaising with Data Scientist and Data Engineers along the technological stacks typical for their domain
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Spotfire
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates