For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Real World Data Scientist (m/f/d)
As a REAL WORLD DATA SCIENTIST/Epidemiologist within our Personalized HealthCare function, you will work with meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, that support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access. This position will primarily focus on leading and executing the Real World Data Strategy and Projects to support programs across therapeutic areas (e.g. oncology and neuroscience).
You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization (e.g. Clinical Science, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Drug Safety, clients affiliates) to design and execute studies, and implement analyses to address molecule and disease area questions. Data sources will be mainly patient level medical data that arise from observational settings, for example, electronic medical records (EMR), registries and claims data. The evidence and insights will be used to inform the research and development of our molecules, and support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers.
We are looking for significant scientific and technical data science expertise in designing and conducting end-to-end prospective and retrospective observational studies, which includes defining clear study objectives, undertaking background research, protocol writing, collaborating with stakeholders from other scientific disciplines (e.g. analytics, clinical science, global access), preparing presentations as well as interpreting and communicating findings (internally and externally). Your technical and methodological expert knowledge encompasses solid understanding of the different sources of bias in RWD, different statistical tools to address them including a good understanding on causal inference techniques for observational data. Understanding of the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry environments is a key asset. You will need strong capabilities in ideation of RWD solutions, their implementation and execution, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to transform the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- Start date: ASAP
- Latest start date: 1 month notice period max
- End date: 1 year
- Extension: possible
- Work location: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Home office
- Travelling: 10% max – not at the moment
- Team: 35 people (in BS :around 25)
- Department: Real World Data-Science (MDPA)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Identify & recommend data solutions: Ask the right technical questions, understand the design needs for research and development, regulatory, medical and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- Develop data strategy & gain access to data: Develop strategic plans to access fit-for-purpose data sources to support evidence generation, and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- Dive into data: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- Be an expert in applying methods: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- Produce high quality analyses: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Interpret and share results: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results; participate in external meetings and forums to present your insights (e.g. congress/conference).
- MSc, PhD in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., epidemiology or statistics/biostatistics)
- Between 2 to 4 years’ experience in RWD: demonstrated track record of developing and execution of data science research projects, patient-level data analyses (e.g., real world data (e.g. registries, claims), surveys, clinical trials, genomic or imaging data) with publications and presentations
- Experience in industry: pharma or large CRO
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills (must have for the team, will not be rated on the shortlist since these are soft skills)
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
Nice to Haves
- Experience with either Oncology or Neuroscience
- Experience working with Flatiron (company & systems used there
- Experience with either Oncology or Neuroscience
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates