For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Scientist Genetics / Genomics (m/f/d)
- Location: CH-4056 Basel
- Branch: pharma
- Duration: 12 months
Tasks & Responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated Scientist to join our team in Genetics and Genomics in Pharmaceutical Sciences at Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). We provide a unique research environment with state-of-art genomics technologies and computational resources. Our team works in close collaboration with scientists in the disease areas of Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, Ophthalmology, Infectious Diseases delivering cutting edge genetics and genomics solutions to support exploratory and early clinical projects.
As an inspired and engaged scientist, you will work in close collaboration with clinical teams to define and implement integrated biomarker solutions in early phase human clinical trials
- Lead the development, validation and implementation of genetics and genomics-based biomarker assays for use in Phase 1 and 2 clinical trials in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, Ophthalmology or Infectious Diseases, to characterize pharmacodynamics and mechanism-of-action of novel therapeutics and to enable personalized healthcare (PHC)
- Collaborate within interdisciplinary matrix teams of pRED to develop experimental strategies, drive the data analyses and interpretation aimed at understanding molecular mechanisms of disease, assessing new targets, evaluating drug safety and identifying/validating clinical biomarkers across the pRED portfolio
- Landscape, evaluate and apply novel genetics and genomics technologies and assays of interest to ensure we gain maximum insights from precious patient samples
- Manage outsourcing of biomarker assays to global external service providers and ensure quality and GCP compliance
- Share insights, knowledge and experience with your team
- Present at internal and external meetings
We are looking for a scientist with strong experience in molecular biology & Next Generation Sequencing technologies and with genetics and genomics biomarkers. This person should hold a PhD within a scientific field, preferably immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or cell biology and have already a couple of years of experience post graduating. Industry experience is not necessary. Someone with experience working with external services providers and CRO management is an advantage as this role includes a log of vendor management.
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field
- Strong experience in molecular biology & Next Generation Sequencing technologies and related data analyses tools
- External service provider management according to GCP
- Expertise in human genetics and genomics biomarker assays
- Minimum 2/3 years of experience post-Graduation, industry experience is appreciated
- Solid overall knowledge of the research and drug development process across disease indication areas
- You display self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn
- You are a committed team player, mindful of interpersonal dynamics and respectful to the viewpoints and ideas of other colleagues
- You can build and foster multidisciplinary relationships, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to influence others
- You have a positive mindset, are flexible, proactive, dynamic and can easily adapt to change
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates