For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Senior Accounting Specialist (m/f/d)
- Location: Basel
- Branch: Pharma
- Duration: 12 months
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Accountability for coordination of the monthly close process and general ledger accounting activities, including accruals, provisions, royalties, etc.
o Responsibility for application of the Accounting Manual.
o Lead the implementation of new accounting standards and new requirements accord-ing to the Accounting Manual.
• Leading role in timely submission of financial information including general ledger, NPMR and FCRS.
• Ensure high quality monthly reporting through processes such as Balance Sheet and P&L re-view
• Ensure clear and proactive communication with stakeholders (local Finance organization, NVS C&R team, Group Treasury, Supply chain etc)
• Responsibility for preparation and review of Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations in line with quality standard
o Leading role in review and coordination of entire process of reconciliations. Ensure timely clean up of overdue items.
o Strive for best practices and efficiency
• Preparation and/or review of additional external reporting requirements such as Swiss National Bank statistics
• Key contact person for external auditors providing data and reports required for group and statutory audits
• Change Management & Projects
o Pro-active identification of opportunities to improve and optimize existing financial processes and leading role in projects designed to implement these improvements
o Lead finance related process changes to achieve best practice by proactively identify-ing gaps to standards, initiating and formulating change projects with IT and Finance management
o Be point of reference and expertise in the area of FRA for initiatives and projects led by other departments or sites
o Lead Accounting and Reporting projects to increase effectiveness and efficiency
o Proactively manage project status, potential gaps and next steps to ensure objectives are met
• Support the R2R Manager in achieving the Objectives and process improvements. Foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes, supports productivity objectives and continuous improvement, process changes and leading practices to have an efficient and effective process
- University degree preferably in Finance, or business school or professional accounting qualification. A Swiss certified diploma as accountant/auditor are a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in financial reporting and accounting department
- Work experience in a large international context a plus.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; German languages are a plus.
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.