For our customer located in Basel Kaiseraugst/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Senior Business Analyst (m/f/d)
Are you interested in shaping the future of our business by taking part in exciting Personalized Healthcare program initiatives? Are you intrinsically curious, a self-starter, fast-learner, and passionate about both technology and delivering user-centered solutions? Are you extremely detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable working with ambiguity in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment?
If so, this role is for you. There will be opportunities for the Business Analyst to drive novel patient-centric digital technologies to be used in Pharma (e.g. sensors/wearables, healthcare mobile apps) and lead study teams, vendors, and IT experts to experiment with such technologies.
There will also be opportunities to learn and implement innovation best practices and spearhead initiatives to improve the patient experience, physician experience, drive meaningful insight into the patient journey, and support developing key therapies.
This Senior Business Analyst role will be part of the Pharma PHC Informatics (IX) Digital Health Team that provides global technology solutions to enable the Pharma PHC Vision and Strategy
- Start date: 20.04.2020
- Latest start date: 01.05.2020
- End date: 31.12.2020
- Extension: possible, must be approved
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Kaiseraugst / Basel
- Remote: max. 1 day per week (Friday) / prior approval needed
- Travel: 10% (Europe/USA)
- Department: FPE (Pharma Informatics PHC)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Gathering and defining requirements that capture patient needs and business opportunity
- Partnering with design, engineering, and stakeholders to produce key deliverable, inform prioritization, and ship features
- Clearly and continuously advocating the patient/user experience, product vision, and objectives
- Working with multiple vendors across multiple initiatives
- Managing communications with multiple business units as well as with internal IT cross-functional teams
- Planning, participating in, and facilitating meetings; capturing meeting notes as needed, synthesizing key ideas/points and providing attendees with clear meeting outcomes and action items
- Engaging with external parties, vendors to drive/monitor key project activities.
- Engaging with Procurement, IT Security, IT Quality, Legal/Privacy, Compliance teams as required
- Overseeing system risk assessments, data classification reporting, and supplier assessment(s) as required
- Partner with 3rd party DPM provider – in an advisory & consulting capacity – to integrate the planned new interface with diverse clinical information systems at selected hospitals (in Germany & Finland)
- Attend onsite hospital visits to assess current clinical information systems, gather hospital team requirements for integration, plan and support the DPM 3rd party to deliver successful installations
- Ability to drill into technical details of the agreed architectural design eg communication protocols & align the pharma client, 3rd party and hospital stakeholders to adopt the most effective technical solutions
- Ensure that the new ecosystem enables data flows for real world data elements to transfer from the hospital systems (EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) to the pharma client’s data warehouse
- Understanding ETL processes (Extract-Transfer-Load), and varying data formats / standards, to achieve the best collection of key data (from EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) in a secure & compliant manner
- Creation of step-by-step technical project plans, and ability to explain them to the business team, for achieving the above. Also willingness to adapt plans in a fast-moving agile environment
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, working in various phases of product design, launch, and implementation in a pharmaceutical or healthcare environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum teams, as a Business Analyst, Team Member, and/or Scrum Master
- Proven Experience with Digital Health & Patient Engagement initiatives
- Expert with Smartsheet, Google Suite (gCal, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc.), Slack, Jira/Confluence
- Expertise in Kubernetes and delivering content containers into the Google Cloud Platform
- Prior experience developing presentation/communication materials targeted at various levels of the organization as well as a variety of audiences (e.g. business/technical)
- Masters or PhD in systems development, computer engineering or information management systems or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced complex international remote matrix team environments and influencing senior leaders & stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; able to quickly produce clearly written, well-organized documentation; excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Very strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the business in unfamiliar areas and to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Intrinsic motivation
- Work independently
- Social competence
Nice to Haves
- German language
Did we catch your interest?
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates