For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Senior Change Manager (m/f/d)
- Location: Basel/ Remote
- Branch: Pharma
- Duration: 18 months
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Senior Change manager / Organization Development Consultant is responsible for partnering with business leaders and PO colleagues with strong professional OD advice to enable “Choice with Responsibility” as a strategic change initiative, driving new ways of working in line with our culture aspirations and the future of work.
Through the project, support our people, managers and teams in the establishment of new ways of working in the short term. Understand and enable the mid- to long-term drivers of sustained engagement, culture and performance, especially on team and organizational levels. Eventually, enable client to successfully and sustainably drive its transformation, contributing to the mission of reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. This is a role supporting a major CEO sponsored project. It will fundamentally change the way that the company works and all 108k associates do their daily activities.
The project has a high profile, requiring strong collaboration with business leaders across the organization, and this role will need to work in close proximity to all program workstream leads.
• This role is a senior expert position with primary focus on Choice with Responsibility – a strategic initiative that cuts across businesses, driving the future of work.
• Change management: Enable the global project team in taking a coordinated, purposeful, agile approach to this major change. Establish strategy for stakeholder engagement and for change management. Enable the implementation of the change strategy through direct intervention and through advising and partnering with colleagues working on the Choice programme. Enable stakeholders engagement to embrace and role modelling new ways of working across client
• Future of Work: Partner with People Analytics and Employee Experience teams to develop a data- & insights-based approach to understand and support enablers that are critical for mental and physical wellbeing, effective collaboration, productivity and a sense of belonging in a Future Way of Working model.
• “Experiments” workstream: Provide indepth change management & OD expertise and guidance for team members working on Experiments across the businesses to test and learn from different aspects of Choice with Responsibility:
o Provide expert OD consultancy to Divisions and/or countries early adopter teams to scope and design the experiments and connected metrics. Support a small team of Choice Consultants who work with countries. Scope of the OD consultancy might require org design, change management, team effectiveness and/or diagnostic expertise.
o Particular focus from the expert OD Consultant on advising on organisational issues for units where flexible working is harder such as field force, labs and plants.
o Enable sharing of learnings across the experiments, including through the formulation of hypothesis to test.
o Contribute to draft company-wide principles/solutions by building on insights from these cross divisional/countries experiments. Define the change management strategy and enable implementation
• “Emotional Enablement” workstream: provide change management & OD expertise into the global cross functional team to curate existing support mechanisms for managers and teams.
o Diagnose needs of managers, teams and the organisation in adopting new ways of working “for longer”, in partnership with Divisional PO colleagues, and target these with high impact solutions, by leveraging and integrating what assets, resources already available in NVS.
• Be a thinking partner on OD aspects as they relate to the other workstreams on Choice, such as Talent/Reward and measurement
Education : Relevant degree, postgraduate and working qualifications preferred in the relevant business or applied behavioural sciences (e.g. Strategy, Business Administration, Organization Development, Psychology, HRM, MBB, etc).
• Excellent English spoken and written
• Minimum 10 years OD experience, supported by broader consulting, PO or change management experience.
• Proven experience in shaping and driving complex change programmes globally
• Strong experience with senior executive engagement and facilitation, strong influencing ability through consulting, communication and relationship building skills
• Proven analytical and conceptual skills, combined with ability to implement
• Known for strong collaboration and networking with the broader PO community and other stakeholders
• External consulting and/or business leadership experience would be valuable
• Strategic and analytical thinking to diagnose and solve complex business problems using systems lens on issues
• Ability to diagnose business/organization change issues and to identify appropriate type of intervention.
• Strong consulting skills with experience in building trust and managing client relationships in high-pressure environment.
• Flexibility in approach and ability to coach and mentor others.
• Strong team player, stakeholder management and communications skills.
• Talent for working in international and global project teams combined with the ability and confidence to work in high-ambiguity environments in which you are willing to challenge senior leaders.
• Proven strategic skills and business understanding, combined with drive to drive implementation.
• Role modeling our aspired culture of Curiosity, Inspire and Unboss
Specific Professional Competencies
• Deep experience in leading large scale, complex OD/ change management interventions or business improvement projects.
• Diagnosing organisations and understanding organisational health using various data measurement and analysis methods, combined with the ability to determine the appropriate interventions to shift performance outcomes
• Design change management strategies and lead implementation of change, particularly behaviour and culture change
• Support senior teams to achieve high performance through effective Team Development interventions
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates