For our customer located in Rotkreuz/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Senior Software Engineer IC Core (m/f/x)
The department is responsible for the software framework which supports the development of our client Instruments (Blood analyzers etc.). The IC Core Team builds and maintains an Instrument Control Framework (Library) that allows instrument development teams to sustainably build and test the instrument control layer. The team serves multiple instrument projects within our client and instruments of different sizes.
The perfect candidate:
The manager is looking for a candidate that has an expectation for him/herself to deliver at a high level of quality and is not satisfied with average quality. The candidate will work in a highly skilled, technically strong and autonomous team and is expected to bring the same experience and mindset. Also highly important is a strong customer centricity, caring about the customers and how to solve their problems.
- Start date: ASAP
- latest Start Date: 01.10.2022
- End date: 1 year
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Rotkreuz
- Workload: 80-100%
- Remote/Home Office: 2 days per week on site, 3 in home office
- Travel: occasionally to St Cugat (2-4 each year)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in all phases of the development process in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines including conduct research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities to meet Stories (for functional and nonfunctional requirements).
- Implementation of the design into code and maintaining the quality standards and metrics agreed at team level, as well as promote best SW quality practices and processes in the team.
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level. Write automated acceptance tests. Take part of Devops activities in the team.
- Provisioning documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Relentless improvement of the software stack and toolchain
- Close collaboration with the internal customers (SW Developers)
- Collaborate with Product Owner to create and refine User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, as well as confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality with frameworks, libraries in our clients Diagnostic Instrument Control projects.
- Participation in Product Increment and Iteration Plannings and reviews by analyzing the product and team backlog items, estimating the work effort, committing to the sprint and Product Increment backlog, create Iteration Plans and PI objectives, support the presentation of deliverables and participate actively in continuous improvement discussions
- Supporting the system tests and global support organization (3th level support) by analyzing incidents, problems and defects, fixing SW-defects and provisioning of patches and releases
- Very strong and in depth knowledge and experience in modern C++ (C++11 or higher) under Linux
- Hands-on experience in multi process and multithreaded application development
- Min. 5-7 years of experience as Software Engineer with software design patterns and principles and object oriented design (OOD)
- Min. 3-5 years of experience with Linux and Bash Scripting
- Experience with modern Python
- Experience with git and collaboration tools (github/gitlab/bitbucket)
- Experience in software projects with end to end responsibility with customer centricity (gathering requirements, design, development, testing, deployment)
- Feels comfortable in an agile environment
- Business fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Very effective and efficient communicator
- Open-minded and team player
Nice to Haves
- Modern CMake, Debian and Jenkins experience
- Linux Containers
- Experience in medical devices or pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in real time software engineering
- University degree in software engineering
- German language skills
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- CW 32