For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Specialist Operational Compliance (m/f/x)
- pay rate range: 36 – 41 chf/h gross
- Duration: asap/16.10.23 – 30.09.2024 with possible extension of 6 month
- No applications will be accepted with a notice period of 3 months.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Specialist Operational Compliance is responsible for maintaining the full compliance and execution of import and export transactions conducted by NIBR Basel, including any transactions provided to Basel, customers, and monitors the completion and maintenance of all required trade documentation. The Specialist will resolve any import/export compliance issues that may arise and will also interact with our client legal counsels, and as necessary, government officials. A component of this position is analyzing and interpreting national and foreign countries import and export regulations.
- Ensure full compliance for export transactions, including the completion of export documentation, execution of export license determination, issuance of shipper’s letter of instruction, filing of Electronic Export Information and export record retention.
- Verify shipment documentation of research compounds for proper valuation, classification, country of origin, and record retention.
- Interface with customs brokers, suppliers, and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import/export processes.
- Maintain procedures and working instructions relevant to the import/export process.
- Develop, implement, and run systems and programs to measure compliance and continuous process improvements.
- Work closely with NIBR Legal and Compliance, Quality, NBS HSE & Security and Pharma Trade Compliance to ensure compliance with all business, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all operating systems, files, and databases relevant to import/export activities are operating in compliance.
- Liaise with all NIBR sites to establish standard import and export requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Import / Export Compliance knowledge, IATA or ADR qualified (preferred)
English (written and spoken), other languages such as German and French would be advantageous
Experience in R&D material management/project planning/research supplies, including experience in importing and exporting in the pharmaceutical industry.
experience in the clearance of import shipments to the US/EU (customs brokerage, interactions with import brokers or US/EU Customs and Border Protection)
experience with export shipments, including checking for export license requirements and export reporting to US/EU authorities.
knowledge of US Customs regulations, US Tariff database, General Rules of Interpretation, EAR, Commerce Control List, Deemed Export rule and brokerage.
knowledge of trade preferences (such as NAFTA), duty minimizing programs (such as US Goods Returned) and valuation regulations.
Communication skills, collaboration/consensus building, influencing and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully work globally and effectuate change within a high-performing organization.
A clear sense of accountability, used to successfully working in a matrix environment, with a high degree of mutual respect and integrity
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.