For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Statistical Scientist (m/f/d)
- Remote/Home Office: up to 40%
- Travel: 10 days a year Europe based
- Team: 8 people
The perfect candidate:
A statistician with more than 3 years of experience as a clinical study statistician, with a MSc/PhD in statistics or data science related fields, with good collaboration skills and communication skills, willing to learn and develop in health care areas such as the development of a digital health technology-based software as a medical device.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Clinical Study and observational study Planning: in collaboration with Senior Statistical Data Scientists, reviews study protocols, authors statistical sections of protocols.
- In collaboration with Senior Statistical Scientists, develops independent data monitoring and endpoint committee charters.
- Development of the statistical and data analysis plans, and preparation of the study randomization.
- Study Conduct: reviews case report forms to ensure protocol objectives are met and project standards are maintained;
- Development of statistical programs as necessary to perform analyses, review analyses produced by statistical programming, ensuring the accuracy & validity of results.
- Clinical/observational study Analysis & Reporting: author the clinical study report, In collaboration with Senior Statistical Scientists and cross-functional team members, provides input into global health authority documents and regulatory response for health authority submissions
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar areas of academic discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a clinical study statistician
- Experience in Running, planning and interpreting clinical trial data
- 3 years of Experience in using statistical software SAS or R.
- Good knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to drug development. Understanding of regulatory guidelines in a pharmaceutical research setting. Understanding and application of business requirements and processes.
- Understanding and respecting cultural differences when interacting with colleagues globally. Accomplishes responsibilities with supervision.
- Good Communication and Collaboration Skills (including statistical consulting skills, interpersonal skills to contribute effectively in cross-functional team settings, ability to influence others without authority, ability to build strong collaborative relationships with scientific and non-scientific partners).
- Evident Drive for Results (Demonstrates interest and ability to learn new things, takes initiative, welcomes problems as challenges; finds solutions to technical problems).
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment.
- Leadership: Leads coordinated, thoughtful, fit-for-purpose solutions for projects/initiatives; Facilitates and influences teams and individuals to advance the business to achieve work packages and outcomes
Nice to Haves
- Project management skills (including ability to manage scope and effectively delegate to other functions, staff, contractors and external vendors).
- Strategic Agility (including problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ability to drive drug development strategies, agility that extends beyond statistical aspects).
- Prior experience with SaMD Launch preferable but not mandatory
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates