For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for a: Strategic Program Manager (m/f/d)
- Location: Basel
- Branch: Pharma
- Duration: 6 months+
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Strategic Program Manager will drive strategic development, management and execution of the Enterprise Data Management program. Responsibilities of the Strategic Program Manager will include:
- Chief counsel to EDM Program Director on the strategic and operational issues in the program: Able to see a complex program from a “big picture”/strategic level; able to communicate a clear vision for the EDM program and able to set direction for the team and drive teams to decisions
- Responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness of the overall program execution while supporting the Program Director with overall strategic program management, including coordination and collaboration with other key transformation programs (i.e. – NGE, LDC)
- Develop and manage the overall 2021 EDM program milestones, outcomes and plan while providing regular status reporting and maintain the EDM program backlog via regular interactions with the Workstreams to ensure local plans are reflective of overall program objectives
- Adapt and maintain the EDM 2021 program plan through multiple lenses for different stakeholder groups, including:
o ‘Birds Eye’ View: High-level overview including program outcomes & quarterly progress
o Key Business Stakeholder View: Program outcomes; monthly focus areas; workstream key deliverables; Enterprise Data Owner (EDO) focus
o Program View: Program outcomes; work breakdown structure (Deliverables); -? Scaled Agile: translated into logical epics that reflect the workstream deliverables which further breakdown into the specific activities
- Work with the EDM Program Director to set OKRs / KPIs for EDM, and create a regular reporting structure to measure progress
- Identifies risks, issues, bottlenecks within plan, or deviations from plan, proactively: Works with Risk Manager and workstreams to identify and score risks & issues; identify mitigations and drive workstreams to implement them
- Co-ordinate & chair EDM program meetings, including agenda preparation (including standard PMO items); identification of key topics identified proactively via liaising with the workstreams
- Create bespoke presentations, papers and reporting for the EDM program, including monthly EDM Leadership Meetings, where you will be expected to:
o a) agree with Program Director what the key messages are;
o b) work with Risk Manager to escalate appropriate risks; produce the deck to 80% complete;
o c) actively manage (ie., through discussion) internal program stakeholders to contribute to the deck and follow up to ensure accurate and timely input.
- Support and manage key EDM program and governance meetings across the portfolio on behalf of the EDM Program Director, and regularly consult with the Comms Workstream to ensure business-facing materials are to standard
- Manage flow of communication within the program: focus for the week; month; progress to plan; quick wins etc.
- Develop and maintain a Work Breakdown Structure (Deliverables); manage a change control process related to this.
- Provide strategic advice and ‘sense check’ support to the EDM core program team, and manages the EDM core team’s time effectively
- Manage the day to day workload and provide support to the ‘tactical’ Program Manager / NBS Conexts resources supporting EDM, and provide oversight of their work including but not limited to: meeting agendas, maintaining and organizing the EDM Teams site, managing the EDM RAID log, etc
- Working with Finance to manage program budget – actual & forecast; liaise with workstream leads for future burndown estimates to forecast budget; time-recording for charged out resources.
- Write and document the agenda points, minutes, actions and key decisions at the key EDM program meetings (i.e. – EDM Leadership, EDM Core Program meetings)
- Ability to see a complex program from a “big picture”/strategic level; able to communicate a clear vision for the EDM portfolio and able to set direction for the team and drive the teams to decisions
- Reliable, constructive communication skills, good listening skills, willing to share information, willing to cooperate and help, flexible. Breaks down barriers to teamwork at organizational levels.
- Is a self-starter, can work independently and has the ability to prioritize across multiple competing tasks and objectives
- Proven experience in strategic program management in a business-wide transformation
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work on a diverse team
- Adept at creating and writing business presentations, including storyboarding
- Exceptional business communication abilities, especially in written and presentation form
- Ability to identify, understand and mitigate business risk
- Strong ability and willingness to learn and upskill in new areas
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change
- Excellent ability to work, write and communicate in English is required
- Adept at working remotely – this role will require you to be fully embedded in the EDM core team, and previous experience working in this way is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, MS Apps (PPT, XLS), and JIRA
- Understanding of Agile principles and how they apply to program management: Scrum Master certification is considered an asset
- Previous experience working in Data, IT and / or Digital transformation also an asset
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.