For our customer located in Rotkreuz (CH) we are currently looking for a: Technical Writer (m/f/d)
Within the Knowledge and Learning Solutions (KLS) department of the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the Coagulation, Hematology, Urinalysis & Point of Care Documentation Department provides user documentation for diagnostic devices in areas including hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, blood gas, andSARS-CoV-2 testing.
The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Online Help, and award-winning User Assistance.
- Start date: 02.08.2021
- End date: 31.12.2021
- Extension: On request and showed performance
- Work location: Rotkreuz
- Workload: 100%
- Home Office: Start on Campus / Load will be discussed in the first weeks
- Traveling required: No – could be one or two meetings in Mannheim during the year
- Department: GCS CHU & POC Documentation DSSDP
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Writes and updates end user documentation in English for our clients instruments and software, while
respecting project timelines and documentation standards, guidelines, and templates.
- Independently gathers and consolidates the information needed for the technical writing. Cooperates
closely with the Documentation Manager, project teams, manufacturer, and subject matter experts in
development teams and within GCS (both locally and globally).
- Independently creates and modifies illustrations as required (e.g. photographs, screenshots, and
diagrams) using appropriate software tools, or triggers the creation of illustrations/multimedia (CAD,
photographs, videos) and integrates them into deliverables while adhering to established guidelines.
- Organizes the subject matter expert review of the deliverables produced; documents and implements
- Collects input for documentation updates and produces these updates in close cooperation with the
Documentation Manager, subject matter experts and project teams.
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected.
- After translation, creates target language versions of deliverables (PDF and electronic).
- Uses knowledge and expertise to proactively contribute to regular updates of documentation tools,
processes, and standards, in collaboration with other documentation departments and relevant
- Checks documents or topics written by other technical writers, ensuring that terminology and
documentation guidelines have been followed. Provides feedback to the author regarding the changes
- Contributes to the continuous growth of product terminology in close collaboration with the terminologist
assigned to the product.
- In collaboration with the User Experience department and the Terminologist assigned to the project,
creates English user interface messages, and reviews them for translatability, terminological
correctness, and adherence to style guidelines.
- Actively contributes to the risk assessment process for assigned products, ensuring that all relevant
product risks and their mitigations are described in the documentation.
- May be responsible for documentation project management tasks.
- May be responsible for translation management tasks: manages translation activities with external
agencies and coordinates the translation review process with affiliates.
- Proven experience in the authoring of end user documentation, preferably in a diagnostics business environment
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker (XML-based)
- Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and processes used in state-of-the-art technical documentation
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (native speaker or equivalent level).
- Fluent German is
- Ability to communicate in an international environment with subject matter experts from different
- Willingness to travel occasionally within Europe
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Schema ST4 or comparable Component Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments
- Experience in minimalistic and topic-oriented writing
- Familiarity with hardware and software development processes
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- asap after halting date