For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) an Architect - Solutions - Level III
• Type of placement: 6 months, external contract with possible long term extension
• Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
• Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
- Support the DIT Service Delivery Dev IT Architect Lead by
- Managing the Architecture demand, making sure that Architecture Work Order are defined when appropriate, and allocate solution architects
- Organizing TAD DIT LT meeting, facilitate meetings and follow-up on actions
- Organizing DIT Architecture council, facilitate meetings and write meeting minutes
- Collect KPI and , review KPI dashboard and define improvement action plan
- Support the implementation of the architecture.
- Responsible for deploying the architecture governance practices
- Responsible to perform the required architecture reviews for the domain
- Assure that the reference artefacts for the functional domain are maintained (e.g: Business capability map aligned with business)
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
- Ensure accurate provisioning and metering of services
- Contribute to develop TAD DIT Solution Architects
- Organize TAD DIT Solution architects forums
- Share best practices
- Assure that iServer is leveraged, used appropriately
- Support Domain architects
- Help to drive architectural improvements across all domains
- Support Architecture problem management and drive identification of root causes as well as sufficient prevention of recurrences
- Ensure adherence to documented operational procedures
- Collaborating with Service Excellence and Architecture Governance
- Act as communication and coordination channel through interactions with Architecture Governance and TAD DIT Domain Architects.
- Collaborate with Architecture Governance in the definition of frameworks and reference architecture.
- Strongly promote and advocate EA principles and practices among peers and leaders. "Sell" the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and on-going results.
Education / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering or information technology discipline. An advanced degree and related accreditations a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the IT function, most of those preferably in Domain/Division architecture role.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing high performing information technology teams working across globally distributed, culturally diverse, matrix organizations
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing the HR and financial aspects of global IT functions and enterprise scale programs.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT (solution requirements / design, Application development)
- Exposure to multiple, diverse solutions and commercial packages
- Experience in implementing a software as a service solution is highly desirable
- Communication and collaboration – Effective communication style with the ability to influence Senior Business and IT leaders. Articulate the value creation by EA and increase the awareness of the EA functions purpose. Create an engaged EA community of participants and stakeholders across Novartis aligned to achieve our common objectives
- Team leadership - Proven experience in managing diverse teams with ability to provide direction, understand resource capability, and successfully drive results working with direct/indirect reports, and/or other internal or external resources.
- Results - Create a results oriented environment with a proven track record of making timely, challenging, informed decisions to ensure swift, disciplined execution against strategic and project objectives.
- Technical competence – Exceptional ability to understand business strategy and translate that into technology and process solutions to enable capabilities necessary to achieve the business objectives. Strong architectural background and deep knowledge of IT operations to leverage the skills of senior architects toward improving the effectiveness of IT and our strategic business partnerships. Strong program management skills and execution of architecture deliverables throughout the project lifecycle. Working knowledge of ITIL processes, TOGAF, LEAN & Six Sigma a plus.