For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) an Junior Python Developer (Scientific & Manufacturing)
- Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 1 , please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for a Python Developer to further develop the Remote Monitoring Patient Platform collecting sensor data from digital devices handed out in clinical studies. The successful candidate will establish processes and implementations to enable and facilitate the mining of digital biomarkers out of the aforementioned data. In addition the candidate will help the staff to setup and maintain new digital biomarker studies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop the computational back-end of applications used to discover Digital Biomarkers
- Help to automate the creation of reports and dashboards supporting the analytics driven decision taken from the sensor data collected
- Participate in technical decision regarding the implementation of new algorithm to mine sensor data
- Enhance the existing infrastructure that handles the data collected from sensors used in clinical trials
- Proactively collaborate with a team comprising data scientists, software engineers and life science experts
- Start date: 19.11.2018
- Latest start date: 03.12.2018
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: An extension is possible, needs to be approved.
- Work location: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: At the beginning not possible, 1 day possible later (prior approval needed).
- Travelling: Not defined yet.
- Department: PXIA (pRED Informatics, Digital Biomarker Program)
a) Mandatory Experience:
- +3 years of experience in Software Development
- Bachelor with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- Experience in or eagerness to write and maintain ETLs (extract, transform, load) pipelines which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
b) Mandatory Skills:
- Deep knowledge of Python and one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Java
- Previous working experience with the common Python data analysis (e.g. NumPy/SciPy, Pandas, - Scikit-learn, SQLAlchemy, etc) and, ideally, data pipelining (e.g. Luigi) libraries
- Knowledge of UNIX internals and workload management systems (SLURM, SGE /UGE)
- Ability to write standards-compliant database related code for MongoDB and MySQL
- Strong working knowledge of best coding practices (versioning, TDD, debugging)
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style; ability to work in a multicultural team
- Fluent in English
Nice to Haves
- +++ Previous experience in designing, creating and implementing methods, algorithms and pipelines of digital signal processing
- +++ Experience with the Microsoft Azure environment
- +++ Experience with big-data systems (in particular Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and Mapreduce) with respective ecosystems
- ++ Previous working experience within an AGILE environment (ideally SCRUM)
- ++ Project-based work experience in the pharmaceutical industry/consulting preferred
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions. Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.