For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Professional Back-end Developer (Scientific & Manufacturing)
- Type of placement: 11 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for a Java developer to further develop the EDISON (Enlightened Data Integration SOlutioN) Platform, which addresses the root causes of low data quality by harmonizing, automating and integrating the process in which clinical biomarker data is acquired and integrated. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the backend development of the platform and to coach other developers.
- Start date: 04.02.2019
- Latest start date: 11.02.2019
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: An extension is planned, but needs to be approved.
- Work load: 100%
- Work location: Basel
- Remote: Possible 1 day per week.
- Travel: Potentially 1-2 travels to Poland.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the backend development of the EDISON platform
- Lead a remote team of software developers
- Improve the code quality with smart and sustainable automated testing strategies
- Participate in technical decision makings
- Ensure scalability of the platform to a cloud enterprise solution
- Proactively collaborate with a team comprising of informatics experts, software engineers and life science experts
- At least M.Sc in Computer Science or similar discipline
- +5 years professional software development experience
- Extensive experience in test-driven software development
- Demonstrated expertise and mentorship capabilities through leadership roles
- Deep knowledge of Java and MongoDB
- Knowledge of SpringCloud platform
- Strong working knowledge of cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS)
- Strong working knowledge of best coding practices (TDD/BDD, pair-programming)
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery ecosystems (Jira, BitBucket, Jenkins)
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Ability to work in a multicultural geographically distributed team
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
Nice to Haves
- +++ Experience with Docker containers (e.g. Mesosphere)
- +++ Experience with big-data systems (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- ++ Previous working experience within an AGILE environment (ideally SCRUM)
- ++ Project-based work experience in the pharmaceutical industry/consulting preferred
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.