For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - GENERAL - LEVEL II
- Type of placement: 6 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
While some of the Omics data is organised and deposited in structured databases (e.g. gData), other data is located on the Unix file system in a non uniform way. Folder structures are inconsistent; Raw, normalised, QC’d, analysed data and archived data need to be identified and connected. Meta data assignment for these data is currently patchy. To ensure access and cataloguing of these data, someone needs to go through this on a case by case basis – programmatically, and in some cases by hand curation. This is time consuming and support is needed.
We have ambitious timelines and need someone who can fully focus on this task
- Proficient in Unix bash programming
- Proficient in R/R shiny programming
- good understanding of -omics (RNA-seq, WGS, Exome-seq, etc) and associated file types
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application