For our customer located in Basel/St. Johann/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Network/System Analyst - System Engineer - Level I
- Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
- Hands-on maintenance and support of primarily Windows and ESX servers as member of the Operations Team
- Integral part of a team which supports all technology layers of a complex research environment
- Responsible for the hands-on maintenance and support of research computing platform systems (incident and problem resolution)
- Infrastructure support of other IT teams in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Ensure proper adherence to global standards, policies and regulatory compliance (GxP).
- Management of individual tasks or incidents through the company’s ticketing system.
- Coordination with the members of Engineering team, Service Desk and Application Service Managers.
- Documentation creation and update.
- Other tasks and duties as documented and defined.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure stable and well-performing system and application environments.
- Apply professional expertise to improve a complex environment
- Member of a global team of ~20 Operations professionals, distributed across the world
- Large and diverse infrastructure deployed on all NIBR sites globally
- “Follow-the-sun” support model (Basel office hours); very limited travel and off-hours activities expected (<5%)
- Mandatory: 5+ years of experience maintaining current Windows-based (2003, 2008, 2012) infrastructures in a high-performance, high-throughput enterprise environment
- Mandatory: 3+ years of experience with virtualization platforms (ESXi 5+ is a plus)
- Mandatory: 3+ years of experience in the use of diagnostic tools in the troubleshooting of issues (processes, disk space management, application/system logs, system resources) in complex, multi-tier architectures
- Mandatory: high ability to read and interpret system logs related to errors and events
- Mandatory: understanding of hardware (HP and DELL, Blade Technology is a plus)
- Mandatory: ability to read and write Powershell scripts
- Mandatory: solid understanding of Microsoft-specific services and concepts
- Mandatory: ability to interact in a professional capacity with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, with a wide area of expertise
- Mandatory: fluent English
- Job Description NIBR System Administrator V1.0
- Desirable: hands-on experience with other virtualization / hyperconverged solutions (Nutanix / ScaleIO etc) is a major advantage
- Desirable: hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) concepts and implementations is a major advantage, practical knowledge of other public cloud systems is welcome
- Desirable: good understanding of networking (OSI model, gateways, firewalls)
- Desirable: understanding of storage (SAN, NAS, NFS) and backup concepts as they pertain to Windows-based solutions
- Desirable: understanding of monitoring principles based on SNMP and locally-installed agents
- Desirable: administration experience with ESX/ESXi environments
- Advantageous: experience with automation solutions such as vRealize or Chef
- Advantageous: understanding of middleware like IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle, MSSQL, Sharepoint etc.
- Advantageous: experience with software development practices and tooling
- Advantageous: understanding of regulated environments (GxP, SOX, SAS70, HIPAA, etc.)
- Advantageous: support abilities as listed above for other environments (e.g. Citrix, Linux etc.)
NICE TO HAVES
- Network Architecture 2 years
- System Design 1 year
Kindly be informed that this job offer is from our customer in Switzerland. Therefore we can only accept applications within the EU or applicants with Swiss work permissions.
Please attach your CV in Word format.
SimplyVision is looking forward to your application.