For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Senior Scientific Software Engineer 50%
- Type of placement: 11 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3 please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in Life Sciences to support one of our global Research IT projects.
- Start date: 11.02.2019
- Latest start date: 18.02.2019
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: An extension is not planned yet, but is possible (approval needed).
- Work location: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Can be discussed during the interviews.
- Travelling: Not required.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Evaluation and technical assessment of 3rd party Chemistry software solutions based on given requirements.
- Integration of 3rd party software solutions (cloud based and on-premise) into our existing application landscape.
- Definition, design and implementation of integration components and scientific software solutions.
- +8 years of experience as Senior Software Engineer (with experience in Life Sciences)
- Strong expertise in the design of flexible, scalable and robust software solutions based on modern web technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Java/JEE technology stack
- Experienced in the design and implementation of REST API’s
- Good experience with the integration of Cloud-based and internal solutions into an existing application landscape (on-premise)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Big Data (e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop) and No-SQL (e.g. MongoDB) database concepts
- Hands-on experience with Chemistry platforms and tools from at least one of the following vendors: Biovia, Chemaxon, Dotmatics and/or Perkin Elmer.
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
- Work experience in cross functional and multi-site teams
Nice to Haves
- +++ German speaker
- +++ Pharma / Roche experience
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required. CV´s in Word format are highly appreciated.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.