For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a: Professional Software Quality Specialist and Integration Developer
- Type of placement: 10 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
our customer is hiring a Software Quality Specialist and Integration Developer to support our Oncology Imaging Science team in evaluating and testing vendor solutions for a global medical imaging data repository (mainly DICOM). This includes the integration of the clinical imaging database within the framework of imaging software tools currently deployed.
- Start date: 04.03.2019
- Latest start date: 18.03.2019
- Duration: 1 year from original start date
- Extension: Not planned yet, but possible.
- Work location: Basel, Building 001
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Possible 1 day per week, prior approval needed.
- Travelling: Initial off-site training may be required from Genentech colleagues (tbd).
- Team size: 4 people
- Department: POTA (pRED, DTA Imaging Sciences Group)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The successful applicant will create detailed and well-structured test plans, execute and automate test cases and ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, and reported.
- The applicant should have an ability to independently write code to:
- Create automated tests that call RESTful APIs.
- Link third-party applications through integration scripts.
- Parse text files and write file manipulation and input/output routines.
- He/she may assist with technical support, software installation, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- +5 years of experience with similar tasks (testing and developing experience both important)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, create and execute test plans and test cases in a fast-paced product-oriented environment.
- Good general IT hands-on experience of Linux and Windows.
- Coding experience in at least one appropriate language for automated testing (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby).
- Knowledge of common textual file formats used in software configuration and deployment (YAML, XML, JSON, CSV etc.).
- Prior experience with automated API testing (especially RESTful APIs) and UI test automation
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Nice to Haves
- +++ Basic understanding of medical imaging is not required, but highly advantageous.
- ++ RDBMS and SQL (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or PostgresSQL)
- + Basic usage of cloud environments (e.g. AWS)
- + Basic usage of GIT and/or CI tools (e.g. Bamboo / Jenkins)
- + Knowledge of JIRA and agile project methodology
- + Coding knowledge in system scripting (BASH, Powershell etc.)
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).