For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a: Professional Software Quality Specialist and Integration Developer
- Type of placement: 10 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
Our customer's pRED is hiring a Software Quality Specialist and Integration Developer to support our Oncology Clinical Imaging Science team in evaluating and integrating vendor solutions for a global medical imaging data repository (mainly DICOM) within the framework of imaging software tools currently deployed.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The applicant should have an ability to independently write code to:
- Link third-party applications through integration scripts.
- Create automated tests that call RESTful APIs.
- Parse text files and write file manipulation and input/output routines.
- The successful applicant will create and execute well-structured test plans to identify and document quality issues and defects
- He/she may assist with the evaluation and integration of additional imaging-related software solutions, as well as general technical support, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Start date: 01.04.2019
- Latest start date: 15.04.2019
- Duration: 1 year from original start date
- Extension: Not planned yet, but possible.
- Work location: Basel,
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Possible 1 day per week, prior approval needed.
- Travelling: Initial 1-2 weeks off-site training -most likely in US- may be required (tbd).
- Team size: 4 people
- Department: POTA (pRED, DTA Imaging Sciences Group)
- +5 years of experience with similar tasks (focus on software development with testing experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- General understanding of medical imaging (focus on DICOM) and knowledge of medical imaging visualization and processing packages
- Coding experience in at least one appropriate language for automated testing (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby).
- Prior experience with automated API testing (especially RESTful APIs) and UI test automation
- Knowledge of common textual file formats used in software configuration and deployment (YAML, XML, JSON, CSV etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, create and execute test plans and cases in a fast-paced product-oriented environment.
- Good general IT hands-on experience of Linux and Windows.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Nice to Haves:
- ++ Previous experience in implementation of medical image (PET,CT,SPECT,MRI) data processing, segmentation and visualization techniques
- ++ RDBMS and SQL (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or PostgresSQL)
- + Basic usage of cloud environments (e.g. AWS)
- + Basic usage of GIT and/or CI tools (e.g. Bamboo / Jenkins)
- + Knowledge of JIRA and agile project methodology
- + Coding knowledge in system scripting (BASH, Powershell etc.)
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).