For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) an Senior Scientific Software Engineer
- Type of placement: 10 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3 , please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in Life Sciences to support one of our Global Research IT projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and development of innovative, modern and user-friendly scientific software solutions in close collaboration with research scientists
- Evaluation and technical assessment of 3rd party Chemistry software solutions based on given requirements.
- Integration of system components (cloud based and on-premise) and workflows by utilizing existing API's or defining new interfaces where necessary.
- Start date: 04.03.2019
- Latest start: 18.03.2019
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: An extension is not planned yet, but is possible (approval needed).
- Work location: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Can be discussed during the interviews.
- Travelling: Not required.
- Department: PXIB (pRED Informatics)
- Master in Computer Science or Informatics
- Foundational knowledge of Chemistry and Cheminformatics concepts
- min. 7 years of experience as Engineer (excellent software engineering skills)
- min. 5 years of experience in designing complex and highly integrated software solutions
- Good „full stack“ software development skills (Java, Python, REST, Oracle, MongoDB)
- Good experience in systems integration, interface & API design and security
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Big Data (e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop) and No-SQL (e.g. MongoDB) database concepts
- Hands-on experience with Chemistry platforms and tools from at least one of the following vendors: Biovia, Chemaxon, Dotmatics and/or Perkin Elmer
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to Haves
- +++ Experience to work in agile environments desirable
- + German
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).