For our customer located in Basel/Kaiseraugst/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a Technical Writer (Infrastructure)
- Type of placement: 4 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2 , please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
Our Customer launched its NAVIFY brand demonstrating its commitment to provide healthcare professionals with digital decision support solutions that transform patient care. The existing portfolio will in the near future, evolve rapidly to include additional decision support applications and workflow products that address challenges faced by healthcare providers as well as research and development applications. Patient data security and privacy are of the highest priority for our customer.
In this context, Roche is building a very specialized team that builds and operates a cloud platform for its medical and clinical SaaS products. This team will be responsible for tackling the cyber security, compliance, development and operations challenges of the healthcare industry while enabling high-velocity product development. We’re looking for an experienced software technical writer to join our team and help take our platform services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- Start date: 01.04.2019
- Latest start date: 15.04.2019
- End date: 31.07.2019
- Extension: An extension is possible, needs to be approved.
- Work load: 100%
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Remote: Possible 1 day per week.
- Travel: Not required
- Department: FAC (Diagnostics IT – NAVIFY Platform Foundation)
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Software Technical Writer you will:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the product teams, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain our developer portal of appropriate reference materials
- Author, review, and finalize policies and Procedures in area of incident management, request management
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various teams to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or other related fields
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and proven cultural awareness
- Experience in the diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry or other highly regulated industries like finance or insurance is seen as advantageous
- 2 to 5 years of industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Experience with Markdown markup language
- Understanding and creation of UML diagrams
- Experience in documenting APIs
- Experience in building / working on a developer’s portal
Nice to Haves
- +++Experience with ITIL framework or Service Management background is a plus
- ++ Pharma experience (ideally having worked together with one or more business functions and IT in the past)
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).