For our customer located in BaselKaiseraugst/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f/d) a Professional Business Analyst (Sample Management)
- Type of placement: 18 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel/Kaiseraugst area
- Salary: level 1-2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are seeking an experienced professional to perform the role of a Business Analyst for a global IT project within Pharma Clinical Operations, namely the Development of a Sample Management Solution (Global Pharma Biobank) to manage Clinical Samples which includes Sample Accessioning as well as Lab Processing. The project has already started and we are looking for an individual to support the existing team of Business Analysts.
This contractor will fill in the role of a professional business systems analyst for projects within the Product Development Informatics group supporting Global Product Development Clinical Operations, specifically the implementation Sample Processing solution within Clinical Operations. Act as Business Systems Analyst on major projects/programs and may function in an analytical or design leadership role ensuring successful completion and delivery. Analyze the customer needs, assess risks, perform impact and gap analysis. Contribute to the development of new solutions / projects and solution enhancements, provide subject matter expertise into detailed solution design, and work with the development teams in the creation of solutions to meet defined requirements. Work directly with customer groups and proactively communicate across global project work-streams and vertical teams, and take responsibility for fostering and improving teamwork. Demonstrate and apply extensive understanding and application of tools, principles, concepts, and techniques related to requirements definition, data flow, usability and process analysis.
The position’s primary role is to support business process design, requirements analysis, support the test design; conduct and support of functional (exploratory and system) testing; support user acceptance testing, etc. The secondary role is to contribute to the deliverables creation (e.g. project documentation) and depending on the candidate supporting tool evaluation for a new lab middleware for instrument connectivity between the LIMS and the Lab Instruments.
- Start date: 01.08.2019
- Latest start date: 05.08.2019
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: Might be possible
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: possible, 1x week
- Travelling: 10% (to San Francisco)
- Team size: working in a team with three other business analysts
- Department: FPDCA (Pharma Informatics, Sample Management & CTP)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Learn and analyze the business processes.
- Participate in the business process workshops and assist the business in the definition of detailed level business processes.
- During the business process and requirements analysis phase, develop the business use case scenarios with input from the business subject matter experts.
- Define solutions and/or contribute to the vendor solution evaluation and selection.
- Facilitate requirements workshops.
- Gather and document requirements and engage the user representatives from cross-functional units in scoping and prioritization
- Develop functional specifications, use cases, business rules
- Help the IT Project Manager in creating project plans with regards to planning tasks and timelines related to his/her job assignment
- Work with both the client’s internal development team and external vendor team to explain the requirements and functional specification, screen and report mock-ups/wire frames
- Work with the validation and test team and contribute in the development of trace ability matrixes, validation and testing strategies, validation/test plans, test scripts, test data creation and summary reports.
- Develop the user acceptance test plan and test scripts based on the business processes and business use case scenarios and assist the business users during UAT execution
- With his/her knowledge and ownership of the business use case scenarios, provide content knowledge for the development of training, change management and deployment plans, job aids and support knowledge base articles for the help desk.
- During post deployment, assist the internal client’s business and technical support teams (3rd and 4th support level) in analyzing and troubleshooting ticket incidents and issues reported to the help-desk.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years work experience as an IT business analyst, systems analyst combined with software validation/quality assurance experience with knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and processes. ****
- Domain knowledge of BioRepository Management Processes and solutions. ****
- Strong user requirements, system analysis and technical skills, as well as proven skills in requirements facilitation, process flow creation and documentation authoring is required. ****
- Experience working in a project-driven environment is required as well as project experience on a regional/global scale. ****
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English, other languages are plus. ***
- Ability to recognize and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership/accountability, with a focus on customer service. ***
- A self-starter who needs minor supervision. **
- Knowledge of clinical trial management systems (CTMS) and related processes an advantage. **
- A good understanding of the principles of software validation in regulated industries is a plus, including 21 CFR Part 11, PDA 18, related FDA guidelines and regulations, as well as ICH GCP guidelines. *
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Life Sciences or a related discipline. *
- Experience developing risk-based system assessment, impact analysis or validation plans is required. *
Nice to Haves
- +++ German is a plus
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.The SymplyVision-Team is looking forward to receiving your application (Word file is highly appreciated).