For our client in the major pharma industry, located in Basel, Switzerland, we are currently looking for (all genders): Business System Analyst Transactional Finance
Within the recently formed ERP Organisation, the areas of Global Finance and Procurement have been combined to ensure full end-to-end accountability as well as a streamlined connection to our business partners. The newly formed team of ERP Finance and Procurement is organized according to process domains and there is a great opportunity to join one of these teams - Transactional Finance. The Transactional Finance Team provides global projects, solutions and services, SAP and non-SAP, working closely with the Group and Divisional Finance functions. In this role of a Business System Analyst, you will be accountable for delivering solutions to Transactional Finance business unit, overseeing and performing all analysis and conceptual activities. In collaboration with our Business and IT stakeholders, you will enhance and develop new features as per business requirements, in accordance with Finance and Procurement Solutions Portfolio. You will be working as part of a team of IT professionals located primarily in Switzerland (Kaiseraugst) and work closely with the IT Solution Centre in Poland, and coordinate external resources as needed.
The perfect candidate is a very hands-on personality with strong communications skills in English and used to work in an interface position between Business and IT in a global organization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Capture business requirements and develop a detailed understanding of processes and operations surrounding them.
- Contribute to project work-streams and deliverables, and sometimes taking the lead.
- Work closely with the business partners to ensure continuous business and IT alignment.
- Act as a subject matter expert, working closely with the business process managers (BPMs) in the finance area to identify opportunities and drive standardization and continuous improvement
- Able to quickly learn into new concepts and systems.
- Provide architectural services, guidance and conceptual design in projects and operations, taking into consideration the technology trends.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements.
- Provide content knowledge and utilize problem solving skills for complex issues, and provide guidance to Operational teams where needed.
- 5y+ experience in delivering Finance solutions with in depth knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP ERP (SAP FICO), focused on Accounts Payable/Receivable, Cost center accounting and Treasury
- Proven experience in coordinating Finance solutions implementations in a global environment / in a matrix organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Ariba Network integration
- Expert in Project Management Methodology (AGILE) with experience on resource planning
- Experience in analyzing and documenting of business needs and the translation into IT language (Development Team)
- Knowledge of Finance business processes and its interdependence with other business areas.
- Understanding of the source to pay end-to-end process.
- Understanding cross-functional process flow, data and Dependencies supported by Systems.
- Experience conducting/leading requirements and design sessions with business process owners.
- Strong analytical thinking, result-oriented team player and ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Demonstrated experience making critical analysis to support decision-making.
- Proven experience in building and growing stakeholder partnerships, focusing on the fundamentals of reliability and credibility. Ability to establish a solid network and work effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with fluent English.
Nice to Haves
- • BA / BS Degree in Informatics or related fields, relevant business discipline
- • Understanding of cloud-based applications design
- • Knowledge of S/4 HANA
- • Former pharma experience