The Solution Architect will be responsible for working closely with partners across lines of business and the IT groups in order to understand strategic drivers and tactical needs. In this role s/he will ensure that the implementation teams can provide technically innovative solutions that meet the business needs with the necessary usability, technical stability and scalability. As a Solution Architect s/he will be supporting projects and operational activities in the Diagnostics R&D Informatics solutions portfolio.
There are different project in this department, depending on the strength of candidate the projects will be assigned.
Important: We are not looking for only a "technical" solution architect, but it is also important that the candidate has strong communication skills. From experience point of view it would be good if the candidate has experience with integration of cloud solutions.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Participate in the identification, evaluation and development of concepts for IT solutions by providing technical expertise and oversight of the development of prototypes and proofs of concepts
- Provide technical expertise in designing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements by complying with our customer technology standards and by proposing new and upcoming technologies
- Provide technical expertise and consulting to projects within the Medical and Scientific Affairs IT function with regards to the integration, interfaces and data flows
- Work closely with the technical team (Project Manager, Senior Architect, developers/software engineers, testers) and provide an oversight for the technical development of solutions; you will create and own the Solution Architecture documentation
- Ensure that Solutions are architecturally consistent, fit for purpose, meet customer requirements and comply with all relevant IT and business standards
Start date: 15.08.2017 (latest start date: 31.08.2017)
End date: 31.12.2017
Extension: may be possible
Work location: Basel
Work load: 100%
Travelling: Travelling is required around 10%, destinations will be San Francisco, Penzberg, Mannheim or Rotkreuz
Remote: It is possible prior to agreement (not in the first 6 weeks due to the training)
Department: IT Diagnostics (FAYR)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 5-7 years of professional IT experience in a major, global organization, preferably in the pharmaceutical/diagnostics industry.
- Solid experience with R&D/Medical and Scientific processes and in delivering technical solutions for these functions, including knowledge of procedures with validated systems and/or Computer System Validation (CSV).
- Broad technical experience with an in-depth understanding of R&D/Medical & Scientific processes application development & design
- Proven experience in producing End to End designs to meet business requirements and Enterprise Architecture standards. Solid understanding and experience of SOA environments
- Proven experience of creating architecture designs using a formal architecture framework methodology, e.g. TOGAF
- Ability to document architectures to high standard (knowledge of Sparx’s Enterprise Architect advantageous)
- Experience in the following platforms/concepts:
- Cloud computing (Amazon Web Services);
- SaaS solutions and their integration into enterprise
- Data architecture and understanding of master data concepts
- Enterprise application integration (iPAAS, BizTalk,Dell Boomi);
- Strong communication skills. Fluent English skills (written and spoken)
- previous pharma experience