This role will perform the role of Configuration Manager during the initial onboarding of the new ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The role will be accountable for establishing the Configuration Management Plan defining the data structure for the new CMDB. The role will interface widely across stakeholders of the CMDB to gather and process requirements.
- Accountable for defining and delivery a first draft Configuration Management Plan (CMP) to support the ServiceNew CMDB. Configuration Management Plan to record: Configuration Item Classes to be managed in the CMP, Associated CI Class Attributes, Control status of CI Class status
- Accountable for regular reporting of CMP status as required.
- Responsible for managing requirements for CMDB as per the Asset & Configuration Management process – logging requirements, status of processes, coordination of changes.
- As required during the initial phase of operation manually create foundational CI components in the CMDB.
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform (especially ServiceNow CMDB)
- At least 5+ years’ experience in IT Service Management
- Good awareness of the role of the Configuration Management Database in support of ITSM processes e.g. Incident and Event Management.
- Experience with MS Office Tools, MS SharePoint and MS Project.
- Team work in a challenging IT environment.
- Ability to work in an International as well as multicultural environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and experience in prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to deal with variable workload.
- Demonstrable leadership skills within a global matrix organization.
- Strong outcome-driven mindset.
- Excellent communication and change management skill
- ITIL certification is beneficial