This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help shape how the Customer Genentech communicates their data for Early-stage Pipeline assets in Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Ophthalmology, as well as for a range of high-value Established Products. The role is part of the Global Product Development Medical Affairs (PDMA) organization and you have a chance to help shape and define its success.
PDMA is an integral member of Product Development (PD), a strong and aligned partner of Global Product Strategy (GPS), and centered in a unique and powerful medical network around the world. We are developing and driving an industry leading medical strategy in close collaboration with our cross-functional stakeholders and affiliate partners - being enthusiastically committed towards our Medical Affairs vision: Transforming clinical practice.
In PDMA Scientific Communications we are passionate about communicating the medical value we bring to patients. As Scientific Communication Director you sit at the heart of PDMA and connect with many stakeholders across the organisation bridging between Research & Early Development, Product Development, Global Product Strategy, and Affiliates.
In the SCD role your key responsibilities include:
- Scientific Communications: orchestrating the scientific communications strategy and dissemination of data for the assigned disease area and/or brand/molecule through an integrated scientific story using an agreed framework;
- Publication strategy and planning: working with appropriate stakeholders to drive the development of the publication strategy; assessment of medical value impact of the publication strategy; planning and driving the publication activities, e.g. submissions to peer reviewed journals, scientific and medical education activities at congresses;
- Medical education: development of strategy, planning and execution of the medical education activities and ensuring that these are based on insights and educational needs, as well as internal medical education training activities, and setting up and maintaining the materials for internal and external knowledge platforms;
- Congress activities: organizing and driving the medical education and internal communication activities at congresses, e.g. IME, RIME; driving, coordinatination and communication activities related to pre-congress medical education materials; abstract submissions and tracking acceptance, communicating the information to the relevant stakeholders
- Compliance: acting in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are is passionate and committed to bringing medical benefits to patients and exploring new ways of sharing the benefits of our compelling research. Moreover you have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree (PhD) and/or certification in scientific medical field preferred
- 6 or more years’ professional experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or related experience, preferably in multiple disease areas, and an international environment
- Medical affairs, clinical development, or medical communications agency experience preferred; preclinical/clinical research, pharmaceutical project management, or product marketing-related experience is a plus
- Technical Expertise: proven expert in scientific communications, medical education and publications with the ability to lead and independently execute scientific communications strategy, digital savvy is a plus
- Strategic agility: experience developing strategy, comfortable with ambiguity, and adaptable to navigate multiple molecules and priotitize complex projects in a variety of non-related disease areas/indications
- Track record of achieving results, within timelines and on budget via strong project management
- Very good cross-functional teamwork skills, including developing and maintaining trustful relationships, and productively resolving conflicts
- Very Good communication and interpersonal skills, including inspiring and influencing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory