We are looking for a Senior Training Manager to join the Training & Support Services (TSS) group which provides systems and process training and support to internal and vendor staff who run global clinical trials.
The Senior Training Manager will lead large-scale, highly-visible, complex, cross-functional system training projects within the Product Development business unit. He/she will serve as the TSS Training representative on system project core teams advising and defining training strategy and options to align with customer objectives and needs. He/she will prepare training development project plans, deliverables, and timelines. He/she will ensure that TSS interests and ways of working are taken into account during cross-functional project team meetings. He/she will be responsible for driving training development and coordinate all parties to meet goals within timelines. Activities will include interacting with system owners, IT, subject matter experts, vendors, and internal TSS staff.
We are transforming our way working. In addition to seeking someone with expertise in professional Training, Instructional Design, and Adult Learning methods, we are looking for someone with demonstrated knowledge and expertise in developing learning programs that leverage Performance Support strategy, methods, and media as an additional means to meet our organization’s training and support objectives. As a Senior Training Manager, you will consistently apply best practice in instructional design, adult learning theory, facilitation and other relevant training methodologies to ensure value-added learning & development for our customers. You will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Product Development Clinical Operations (PDG) and Product Development (PD) departments and their respective areas of focus, roles and responsibilities. You may also participate in departmental initiatives, lead other functional projects, and support on-boarding and coaching less experienced staff members.
- Project lead on training development projects to design and develop new or otherwise enhanced TSS systems service packages (including training curricula, programs, instructional modules, manuals, performance support materials and potentially other), using best practice instructional design principles and methodologies, including adult learning theory (e.g. ADDIE), interactive activities, and competencybased evaluations to ensure service quality and time spent is value-added.
- Coaching/supporting less experienced staff with significant expertise, experience and best practice on such aspects as Instructional Design, Project Management, Vendor Management, Stakeholder Management, and Collaboration with SMEs.
- Leading/contributing to internal improvement projects
- Training delivery as appropriate.
- Develop Training and Performance Support materials as part of a team if necessary
- Participate in cross-functional (project) team meetings and/or work streams representing TSS as standing or ad-hoc members.
- Collaborate strategically with PDG key customers, subject matter experts (SME) and/or SPE internal (e.g. Customer Management) to assess, identify and/or manage service needs etc.
- Required degree BS, preferred MS (i.e. Instructional Design, Education, Project Management or equivalent)
- A resourceful and flexible individual who thrives in highly collaborative environments
- Skilled in bringing people together around a common goal
- An excellent communicator whose relational skills bring you success in one-on-one and team settings
- Able to develop a path forward in uncharted, ambiguous situations and territories with minimal guidance
- Experienced with Performance Support strategies, methods, and media
- A strong project manager
- Someone possessing a good command of instructional design, adult learning theory, facilitation and other relevant training methodologies
- Skilled in customer relationship management, teamwork and cross-functional collaboration;
- A skilled negotiator and influencer
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills when facing multiple tasks and goals
- Skilled at working in a global team environment
- Preferred 5 years or more experience in a Training & Learning function
- Experience in Pharma or similar industry is a plus