The candidate will be part of the Global Product Strategy (GPS) & Partnering business IT organization. The contractor will be involved in activities / projects for our customer Partnering. Pharma Partnering is responsible for seeking opportunities (compounds, technologies, companies) to maximize the value of the our customer Portfolio.
The 2 projects or activities s/he will be involved:
a) Project 1 – Partnering Phelix Cloud Migration (ca. 50%): The candidate will lead the end to end project. Current legacy on-premise solution supporting partnering key business processes needs to be moved to its Cloud based version. The project has not started.
b) Project 2 – Fusion Enhancement (ca. 25%): The activity is about enhancing an existing solution, FUSION, solution mainly used by Strategic Partnering for their landscaping activities. The main change is about reverse-engineering excel macros that are involved in the current import process that feeds in FUSION. This activity is not considered as a project but requires a series of formal project deliverables to be updated where the candidate will be heavily involved. The analysis of the changes is just starting.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead one or more high-level, complex technical projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements
- Coordinate and direct activities of project team members
- Responsible for the successful project related communication to stakeholders
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are documented
- Support documentations of key PMM deliverables
The candidate will work together with developers, solution architect, vendor, business subject matter experts, IT business analyst.
- Start date: 25.09.2017
- Latest start date: as soon as possible
- End date: 31.12.2017
- Extension: An extension is planned, but needs to be approved.
- Work load: 75% (30h per week)
- Preferred working days: Flexible, could be discussed in the interviews.
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Remote: Possible 1 day per week (prior approval required).
- Travel: Not required
- Department: FPPO (Pharma IT, HCO* & Partnering IT)
- HCO = Healthcare Organization
- 8+ years of project management experience within IT department (only IT-related projects)
- Previous experience in managing global projects and knowledge of PMM
- IT background needed: especially architecture, system integration, cloud based solutions (hands-on experience not needed)
- Knowledge / experience of PMM (Project Management Methodologies) e.g. PMI, Agile (applied before in the projects)
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Technical documentation writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT project experience ideally with: software and/or cloud solutions.