We are looking for a Business Analyst for the Science Network project. Based in Kaiseraugst starting ASAP until end of April 2018.
The "Business Analyst" (BA) will report to the RSN Lead PM and will be generally responsible for the following areas Project Goals, Objectives, Business Case elaboration, Requirements elicitation, Stakeholder Analysis, Training needs, Roles definition, producing or supporting other documentation needs.
The BA oversees and performs all analytical and conceptual activities to an accounted solution portfolio against internal business customers. The BA is an active part in the solution’s lifecycle management. The primary focus is to make sure that any solution is chosen to fulfill known and understood business requirements, fitting into the IT roadmap definitions and continuously providing business value over its lifecycle.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Needs assessment, understanding a business problem or opportunity and supporting solution developing.
- Suporting planning, including requirements management plan, traceability, change management etc.
- Elicitation, analysis, decomposition, acceptance, approval, specification, and validation of the requirements.
- Traceability and Monitoring of requirements. Continuous monitoring and documenting of requirements as well as communication to stakeholders.
- Evaluation of how well the solution fulfills the requirements and meets the business need.
- Start date: ASAP (latest start date: 30.09.2017)
- End date: 30.04.2018
- Extension: extension is possible, until 31.08.2018
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 80-100%
- Remote/Home Office: 1 day per week, prior to approval
- Travelling: might be possible (20%) to Switzerland, Germany, maybe US
- Additional information/Team: Will report to the RSN Lead PM, young and dynamic team, agile project approach
- Department: AE&O (FIR)
- Proven track as Business Analyst in IT projects (+5 years)
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure (Network, Security, SW development)
- Experience working in global projects
- Excellent Communication
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Bioinformatics or research / science
- BA certifications are desirable
- Agile/Scrum methodologies are a plus
- German or Spanish are a plus