Meeting Services belongs to the Global Network Services Operations organization. As such Meeting Services are accountable for end to end services like Video Conferencing, Telepresence, Webcast, Technical Event Management and Digital Signage. They consult their customers in the preparation of their events and ensure a smooth service delivery by operating and maintaining the necessary technical infrastructure to support all of our services. The EMEA Team is primarily responsible for the operating of the solutions and the service delivery in the European time zones as well as the regional and global coordination with other meeting support teams.
- Be the single point of contact for the customer on webcast coordination, local technical event planning and video conferencing
- Provide consulting to customers to use the right technology for their meetings
- Support customers in the technical preparation of large events and coordinate all involved providers in Basel/Kaiseraugst
- Collaborate with the global video conference services
- Document problems and incidents related to Meeting Services by using a ticketing system (HPSM)
- Support senior executives professionally and with the utmost confidentiality
- Work in a professional manner at all times and maintain a consistent image of the global service through open communication, reliability, high availability and promote the values and benefits of a global service organization.
We are looking for an event specialist with a good background in technical event planning, webcast consulting and video conferencing. A good technical understanding in conferencing technologies is an important pre-condition for the position. As a member of a local team with regional/global responsibility we expect a good communicator and a good team worker but also being capable of managing yourself and following up on tasks independently.
As a first step, the duration of this position is for a year, "but" the aim or the plan is to find a candidate who will stay long-term. An extension is planned... (but is of course depending on the performance of the contract
+2 years of working experience in event planning and/or conferencing services
Excellent communication skills with proven ability to interact across cultures (working experience in an international company preferred)
Strong customer and service orientation (former experience in customer services is preferred)
Proficient in English and German
Flexible to work early and late hours even on short notice (depending on the duration of the events)
Being a team player as well as being able to work independently
Previous work experience in an event agency
Other languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French