For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Network/System Analyst - System Engineer - Level III
- Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
At the Institutes for BioMedical Research, our mission is to discover innovative medicines that treat disease and improve human health. The best and brightest scientists need cutting-edge, state-of-the-art computing systems. We’re building an organization of world-class engineers who create tools that empower scientists to accelerate drug discoveries and improve patients' lives. How can you help?
Major Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Work on a team responsible for all aspects of providing and automating the software development tool chain. Support a culture and environment, where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and reliably. Serve as a change champion in the adoption of new ways and tools to build, release and manage software.
Activities will include maintenance and operation of CI/CD pipeline software, creating self-service and automated tools and testing, coordination with the cloud team to maintain best practices, instantiation of automation scripts, and working with Software Engineering teams to promote DevOps practices and principles. Provide on-site operational user support for AWS and DevOps platforms and tools, including design and consulting support.
About NIBR Informatics
We are in a new era of IT for scientific research. At NIBR, the IT organization is a strategic partner to its research colleagues, identifying and driving new opportunities to accelerate science with leading-edge computing and informatics solutions. From the top down, NIBR Informatics’ culture is one of challenging norms—finding innovative ways to provide a high-performance global computing environment, while supporting the most advanced scientific applications and technologies available to propel Novartis’ leadership position in drug discovery. The IT organization seeks senior leadership, skilled designers, and energetic developers who share our vision that science serves a greater purpose in improving human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
Must-Have’s / Minimum:
- 4+ years software development and/or DevOps experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, including experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, and Vagrant
- Strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence or similar tools
- Knowledge of APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
- Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting in Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ancible, TerraForm, or other similar products
- Experience working with version control software, particularly Git and SVN
- Programming experience in Ruby, Python or Java with software design skills, as well as with current best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- Familiarity with Software Security and Compliance
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Able to maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders in scientific, development and operations communities
- Network Architecture
- System Design
Nice to Have’s:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with full-stack development