For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Network/System Analyst - Application Support Specialist (ASP) - Level III
- Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
NIBR Senior Linux System Engineer
- Engineer/Architect Linux environment for a global biomedical research organization.
- The candidate will be accountable for the technical design, service management aspects and automation of the Linux environment to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate, and uninterrupted service to scientists.
- The Linux environment includes physical, virtual (cloud & on premise) servers hosting scientific commercial & in-house developed applications.
- Maximize the business value of global and local initiatives, ensuring effective alignment of IT investment with business requirements.
- Develop an environment which fosters a high-performance and innovative organization.
- Strong technical depth across infrastructure technology, primarily Linux but also Virtualization, Cloud, Process Automation.
- Drive re-architecture of existing systems to implement streamlined, well-performing, automated and scalable architectures
- Works with enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project.
- Responsible for analysing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural solution.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues, especially recurring problems impacting production applications
- Experience building prototypes, pilots, or full products in cloud environments
- Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Manage at the project/task level (as needed) to provide specific guidance for operations personnel on technical projects, design and implementation
- Identify and define standards & operational procedures
- Identify technical solutions to resolve technical cross platform problems
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Continuously evaluate architectures against emerging technology trends or business growth areas and target areas of opportunity to ensure performance and capacity exceed demand
- Apply and integrate emerging technology trends to new and existing systems architecture
- Responsible for complying with Company policies and standards.
- Assists in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems. Work with operational teams to implement process improvements
- Facilitate automation deployments to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across systems and data centers
- Ability to manage deliverables across multiple internal and external organizations
- Member of a global team of 5 system engineers
- Infrastructure deployed on multiples NIBR sites globally
- This role coordinates closely with the Operation, Architecture, DevOps & Scientific Computing teams.
- Architect in his core domain followed with L3 support level
- 10 years of experience in Linux system engineering in a global enterprise
- In-depth scripting/automation: Bash, Ruby & Python
- Good experience in AWS Cloud Computing platform.
- Deep knowledge in configuration management (Puppet/Chef)
- Fluent in English