For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Scientific Associate II (Research)
- Type of placement: 9 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 1, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
The qualified candidate will be part of the ADME in vitro section within PK Sciences at the Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) in Basel. Major responsibility includes planning, conducting and documenting in vitro experiments to investigate metabolic stability and permeability of drug candidates for the optimization of ADME properties of new chemical entities (NCE).
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 9 Months
- Conduct experiments to assess metabolic stability of NCEs using liver microsomal enzymes from different species.
- Conduct in vitro assay to evaluate permeability of NCEs across cells.
- Use automation systems for performing the liquid handling steps of the assays.
- Analyze samples using LC/MS/MS, review raw data and generate reports.
- Maintain and troubleshoot LC MS instrument and liquid handling systems.
- May have additional operational responsibilities (e.g., lab coordination, compound logistics)
- BS, MS in relevant field with 1 + yrs of experience in drug discovery or development.
- Background in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology or analytical chemistry desirable.
- Experience using LC/MS instruments for sample analysis
- Experience with liquid handling automation systems desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Team player, flexible and adaptive to changes.