For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Senior Data Scientist / Project Manager (BI/BW)
- Type of placement: 4 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist / Project Manager. You will be part of the Pharma BI & MDM (Business Intelligence and Master Data Management) Solution Center which is based in Kaiseraugst. Last year, our Data Science Lab (the team consists of data scientists and computing experts in Warsaw, Shanghai and Basel) developed many Proof of Concepts related to Logistics, Finance, Commercial and Manufacturing. Some of them will turn to real projects this year. As the data scientist and project manager you will be responsible for driving development of advanced analytics projects.
- Start date: 01.05.2018
- Latest start date: 01.06.2018
- End date: 31.08.2018 (renewable every 3 months, planned until end of 31.12.2018)
- Extension: An extension is planned, but needs to be approved.
- Work location: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Possible 1 day per week, prior approval needed.
- Travelling: Not required.
- Team size: 3 to 5 projects in total, between 2 and 10 people to manage in each project (depending on the project)
- Department: FISI (Shared Platforms & Applications)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform detailed tech-assessment of current POCs (Proof of Concepts) to define final best approach for the productive realization
- Create the project plan and estimations
- Support/coach developers in the data-understanding and data-preparation on innovation activities
- Design and/or contribute to the design of statistical models
- Support the evaluation of the designed models
- Coach team members on the design and scientific background of statistical models
- Write the project documentation
- Organize knowledge sharing session with the rest of the Solution Center team in order to teach Data Science basics principles to them.
We are not looking for a “general” Senior Project Manager. It is very important that the PM is able to understand the project content. This is why it is a "mixed role" and the data scientist experience is important as well. Former experience must be visible in the project experience.
Must to Haves
- +8 years of experience in project management in the relevant area (including experience with data science)
- Experience of the major data science modeling methods and machine learning (at least 3 years)
- Substantial experience with R and Python
- In-depth knowledge of relational database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. SQL)
- Experience using big data platforms such as Hadoop
- Experience in applying statistical modeling, machine learning, exploratory, and confirmatory data analysis in mid to large volume data sets
- Experience with relational data sources (SQL)
- Good verbal and writing communication skills in English
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of RStudio Shiny is highly preferred
- Spark is a high plus
- Experience in leading teams
- Former pharma experience
- Familiar with the Agile methodology
- PM certification