For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Developer - General - Level III
- Type of placement: 5 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly gross salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k) -PHARMA
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to support the data sourcing and migration work stream of a new system which re-defines how Novartis operates in Regulatory Affairs. You will be working on a strategic initiative which will bring transformative change to Regulatory Affairs. You will join a highly skilled team of analysts, architects and business experts to deliver on this vision.
The new system will replace more than a dozen of existing systems holding ten years of world-wide registration information. The migration work stream is of critical importance to the project.
Good technical background in conjunction with proven skills in data modeling and data analysis, and well-developed interpersonal skills are key success factors in this role.
- Collect all existing physical data models, API specifications and document in a unified format.
- Derive logical models for both the source systems and target system and document such that business experts can provide input.
- Capture input from business experts and create specifications of transformations which can be easily implemented or are directly machine-readable.
- Keep track of data migration from legacy systems to new solution
- Specify tests and acceptance criteria which allow efficient verification and validation of the migration.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Extensive expertise in logical and physical data modeling
- Proven experience with ETL and migration tools
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is a plus
- Good analytical and logical thinking skills
- 10+ plus years’ experience as Data Engineer or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in working in regulated industries, preferably the pharmaceutical industry
- Regulatory domain knowledge (specifically submission and registration management)
- Experience gathering and analyzing migration requirements
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology, systems and management processes
- Experience with compliance requirements (e.g. SOX, GxP / CSV, E-compliance, Records Management, Privacy)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience of working in global teams
Preferred Skills and Constraints
- Experience working in Data migration projects within Pharmaceutical Regulatory domain is an added advantage
- Preferred location is Basel