For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Developer - General - Level II
• Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
• Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
• Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range
(monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
Develop an interactive intuitive web-based application to perform RNA-Seq data analysis. The application requires a dynamic easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) that exposes different visualisations for the various analysis results. Backend computation will be performed using industry standard RNA-Seq workflows/packages in R. The application will be integrated with other NIBR systems to provide an efficient dataflow and workflow. A successful candidate will work in a small dynamic team to complete the project.
There are many interesting aspects and components to this project (see below for high level summary). Tasks will be allocated to team members according to skill set strength and/or interest.
- Design and develop a React/Redux/ES6 user interface with interactive charts (implemented using Highcharts, d3 or similar)
- Design and develop REST services implemented using Java EE i.e. JAX-RS and EJB
- Design Oracle Database Schema for experiment metadata and application data e.g. analysis session state
- Implement ETLs to populate database with experiment/study metadata from existing upstream NIBR systems
- Implement RNA-Seq analysis workflows in R
This will be a project-based assignment with the selected candidate to work on two main projects. He/she will be able to choose whether to focus on frontend or backend development, depending on strengths and interest.
The selected candidate will collaborate with and follow instructions of one more technical team member/developer. He/she will also work closely with 2 to 3 power users which will enable to continuously optimize the application.
Job Title: Java EE Developer
Workload: 100% (80% possible)
Duration: asap for 12 months
Location: WKL 135
- Several years of experience as a Java EE Developer (Frontend and/or Backend)
- Very good knowledge of working with Oracle databases
- Proficient in using React/Redux (ES6)
- Excellent English skills
- Proven experience in communicating through a variety of collaboration tools
- Experience in international and Life Science Industry desirable