For our Swiss customer located in Basel we are currently looking for (m/f) a Biomarker Experimental Medicine Scientist - PHARMA
- Type of placement: 12 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 2, please ask us for the exact rate range
PHARMA: (monthly gross salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
The biomarker group within pRED Translational Medicine Oncology is working on deciphering the complexity of human tumor-host biology by leveraging clinical trial biomarker data for oncology pipeline programs. The ultimate goal is to identify biomarkers that will tailor cancer therapies to patients. As the Biomarker Experimental Medicine Scientist (BEMS) you will help with the biomarker efforts for our pipeline molecules on cancer immunotherapy and molecular targeted therapies. In this role, you will work closely with a Biomarker Experimental Medicine Leader (BEML) being responsible for the operational part and execution of biomarker related activities for two or more projects. You will work closely with study, biomarker and project teams to facilitate and implement state of the art biomarker technologies, recognizing the scientific and clinical basis, the validation status and the statistics related to the proposed biomarkers. Additionally, you will:
- Take on responsibility for specific elements of biomarker delivery within individual projects
- Contribute to Experimental Medicine approaches to enable the discovery and validation of new biomarkers and pharmacological targets in humans
- Ensure optimally informed decision making in drug development and to utilize biomarkers and emerging diagnostics in the effective implementation of targeted and personalized medicine
- Facilitate and deliver the discovery, development, validation and appropriate utilization of biomarkers and diagnostics tools during drug development. Supporting the clinical biomarker implementations plan for drug development projects
- Contribute to clinical biomarker strategy for projects teams in oncology and utilization of specific technologies such as genetics, genomics, proteomics, molecular pathology, imaging, etc.
- Collaborate with senior internal, academic, and external industry based experts and providers who are focusing on translational and experimental medicine
- Work closely with study, biomarker and project teams to facilitate and implement state of the art biomarker technologies, recognizing the scientific and clinical basis, the validation status and the statistics related to the proposed biomarkers.
- Contribute to and implement appropriate biomarker strategies that are suitable for internal decision making. Specific tasks include implementation of agreed biomarker strategies, ongoing monitoring of biomarker activities, coordination of data collection and interpretation and preparation of the results for informed decision making. Ensuring effective wet lab support will be critical for the success
Who you are
We are seeking a highly motivated Biomarker & Experimental Medicine Scientist (BEMS) to join the group. You hold a PhD, MD degree in a relevant scientific field e.g. immunology, pathology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, hematology, molecular oncology or bioinformatics with profound experience and exposure to discovery and development of biomarkers in cancer immunology, either in a research or clinical setting. You also bring the following skills and expertise:
- You look back on at least 3 years of practical experience (beyond post-doctoral training) in drug development and translational research including discovery, development and utilization of BMs or BM-technologies either in an academic and/ or industry setting
- Experience and understanding of diagnostic product development as well as clinical pharmacology
- A background in regulatory, safety, operations or biostatistics would be an advantage 2/2
- Data analysis and management are your strong points
- As a team player you integrate easily into a pro-active and inspiring global organization. You are able to prioritize your work in order to focus on individual goals as well as on team deliverables.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills