For our customer located in Basel Kaiseraugst/Switzerland we are currently looking for a:
Senior AWS Engineer (m/f/x)
The program aims to boost collaborative and partnership research and build learning structures, while improving ways to collect, curate, use and manage data and ML models.
The major objectives are to provide a next-generation platform and cloud infrastructure to support the design and conduct of big data research, to implement privacy-preserving technology to better understand health outcomes and disease progression processes and to characterize sub patient populations.
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for a candidate who is able to support the project in architecting, designing, implementing and scaling AWS infrastructure and related components.
- Start date: ASAP / 01.02.2022
- latest Start Date: 01.03.2022
- End date: 12 months
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Kaiseraugst
- Workload: 100%
- Team: 10 people
- Remote/Home Office: currently yes, after needs to be discussed, on-site work required (no remote workers)
- Department: Pharma Informatics PHC (FPHF)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understanding the enterprise cloud requirements and seek alignment with project/solution needs
- Reviews, implements and tests 3rd party IaC scripts
- Designs, implements and tests AWS components
- Prepares cloud infrastructure standards and procedures
- Monitors cloud environments; identifies operational gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies
- Min. 5+ years of experience in AWS cloud with focus on full stack implementation of data science environments from a regulated industry (e.g. pharmaceutical or banking)
- Hands-on experience in AWS implementation across a broad range (full set) of AWS services
- Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization – Docker, Amazon EKS, Lambda, EC2, S3, Amazon DocumentDB, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code and best practices
- Fluency in English (spoken and written, C1-C2 Level)
- Play a key role in designing, executing and optimizing IaC scripts in close collaboration with 3rd party solution provider
- Capability to think strategically
- Excellent understanding of complex landscapes and relationships (business, systems, policies, etc.).
- Excellent ability to communicate not only what is being done and how, but also why.
- Hands-on persona and good technical experience within global implementation projects
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or similar
- Cloud architecture certificates e.g. AWS
- Extensive knowledge in overall cloud infrastructure and cloud architecture (e.g. Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure experience)
Did we catch your interest?
The SimplyVision-Team is looking forward to receive your application (Word file is highly appreciated).
Kindly be informed that our customer is located in Switzerland. Therefore only applications from candidates within the EU or candidates holding Swiss work permission are required.
Preferred Interview Dates
- CW3 & CW4