For our customer located in Basel/Switzerland we are currently looking for (m/f) a Senior Software Architect (Scientific Software)
- Type of placement: 7 months, external contract with possible long term extension
- Company: major Pharma company in Basel area
- Salary: level 3, please ask us for the exact rate range (monthly all in salary levels in CHF, level1= 5-10k , level2=10-15k, level3= >15k)
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect who will be responsible for setting up the conceptual architecture framework for an Analytical Environment based on R within Pharma Development. You will be closely working with a core team of R developers and business domain experts across the organization. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to provide the technical basis and perspective for transforming the current R Analytical Environment into a flexible and scalable framework which is fit for purpose for regulated and exploratory data analytics.
As a Software Architect you will help the team in the assessment of related risks and benefits of the conceptual architecture options. You will also contribute towards educating and enhancing the required skill sets within the organization, in order to establish an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable solution in a regulated environment.
- Preferred start date: 12.11.2018
- Latest start date: 01.12.2018
- End date: 6 months duration from original start date
- Extension: Possible, not approved yet. Depending also on performance.
- Work location: Basel and Kaiseraugst (both sites) - Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Not preferred
- Travelling: Possible up to 10% (tbd)
- Team size: 5-10 team members
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Works with multiple experts and stakeholders to develop a flexible and scalable Analytics Environment based on R that address current needs and is flexible so that it can be easily evolved to meet future needs.
- Design and Implementation of R based frameworks for analyzing and processing clinical trial data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the entire Pharma Development organisation (business and IT), including senior leadership and subject matter experts, to provide the “data- & information-centric” perspective for transformation initiatives and advice to functional colleagues
- Assesses the current R Shiny based prototype solution and adjusts to ensure that a modular framework is in place to develop a comprehensive fit for purpose productive solution
- Analyzes the impact of process or technical changes on existing processes, tools, and interfaces based on knowledge of interdependencies of related functions and systems in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Mentors and guides junior software developers
- Advise on the design and implementation of reusable R functions to create complex outputs including graphs, tables and listings
- Help shape an environment for thorough automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment for our R packages
- Minimum of 8 year experience in this files, with not less than 3 years as Software Architect (senior level) setting up conceptual software architectures and guiding software developers during implementation
- Extensive experience in software development in medium to large sized teams and preferably R/R-Shiny based software development
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis, design patterns, refactoring, and integration concepts
- Strategic and collaborative thinking, with a proven track record of driving change.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral with excellent communication and influencing skills
Nice to Haves
- +++ Pharma experience or, alternatively in the life science/medical domain
- +++ Lifecycle definition of R projects & related documentation
- +++ Create loosely coupled systems that can support change
- +++ Drive to take ownership of technology choices and architecture decisions
- ++ Experience of languages such as Python, Scala, Julia and data analytics frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- ++ Linux/Unix, Docker experience
- ++ Passion for designing large-scale systems with use of innovative technology
- ++ Hands-on experience in development data-driven software e.g. reports, dashboards etc.
- + Familiar with concepts for qualification and validation of IT components
- + Knowledge of statistical methodologies, advanced analytics and interactive data visualization
- + Experience with Cloud 3.0 services e.g. FaaS